Chapter Four - Stripped Bare

I felt my head pounding before I fully woke up.

How much had I had to drink? How did I get home?

I turned over and stretched then opened my eyes. I flew off the bed before you could click your fingers. Xavier was on my bed, fast asleep. His shoes were off, but he was still fully dressed. He looked so peaceful.

We hadn't done anything had we.

My pants, oh god, I wasn't wearing pants. I grabbed a pair of sweatpants from the washing hamper beside my bed and pulled them on. I sat on the edge of the bed and placed my head in my hands.

What had happened, what could I remember?

Ryan, the drink, the tequila, Oh crap, The tequila! The thought of the alcohol burnt my throat and flip flopped my stomach. The dancing, I remembered the dancing, and the really possessive guy. Xavier had punched him.... after that everything was a broken blur of happenings. He'd driven me home, we came in to my bedroom and I'd undressed myself and asked him to stay. He'd stayed... oh god.

I ran for the bathroom and emptied my stomach. The after taste of alcohol from the night before stained my mouth, magnifying the nausea tenfold. I rolled away from the porcelain bowl and leaned against the wall. Had I really, finally had sex, only to forget it ever happening?

Okay, granted, if you'd have said a few days ago that Xavier fucking Smith would be the guy to finally pop my cherry I'd have laughed until my brain exploded, but I still would have wanted to remember it, even if the idea of it being him was absurd.

"You okay?" Xavier asked, his shadow covered the doorway. Suddenly, I felt more naked than I'd been last night when I propositioned him. I took a deep breath and shrugged "Just dandy"

I stood up, I needed to wash the horrible bitter metallic taste from my mouth. I picked up my toothbrush, squeezed some toothpaste on it and brushed.. I pretended like Xavier wasn't there. I pretended that I was here, alone, like I normally was. It was simpler that way, maybe he'd get the idea and just leave.

 "We didn't have sex" He said, like it was nothing. Like sex wasn't an intimate act, he said it like he hadn't done the dishes, or put the toilet seat down.

"I... Uh..." my words stumbled, I couldn't speak, he'd caught me off guard yet again.

"You looked worried, I thought I better put you out of your misery early"

I rinsed the toothbrush off then turned to face Xavier.

He was smiling, like he knew some kind of a secret. I frowned and pushed passed him.

I walked back into the bedroom, but stopped in the middle of the floor. I stopped where I'd stripped only hours before. Oh god. I had actually done that. We may not have had sex, but he'd seen me pretty much stripped bare. My face flushed and I wrapped my arms around my waist. What the hell had I been thinking.

"Look, I was thinking, maybe I could take you to meet the rest of the band?" Xavier suggested.

The idea swirled in my head, I couldn't deny that meeting the band who'd got me through countless all night study sessions would be awesome. I just had to be realistic.

Something was going on with me, and something was going on with how I saw him.

Suddenly Xavier oozed raw sex appeal.

I'd tried to throw myself at him, he'd turned me down though, the guy who'd been known to sleep around on tour, had turned me down. I had to keep protecting myself from hurt, even if the only thing at stake was my ego.