•Chapter 16•

I really wish I didn't always wake up so tired. I could sleep for twelve hours and still wake up exhausted, frustrating.

I slowly stood out of bed stretching. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before throwing my hair into a ponytail. I examined my closet and realized that I own a lot of black and white. Also, I owned a lot of vintage styled items.

I decided on black ripped jeans, a white tube top and a distressed medium washed jean jacket. I slipped on my white vans before grabbing my backpack and making my way down to the kitchen.

I really didn't feel like stopping for coffee today so I started a fresh pot.

"Hey sweets" Jonah said grabbing his keys off the counter

"Hey J, what's up"

"I'm heading to class, do you want a ride?"

"No, I'm good. I have to wait for my coffee to be done, thank you though" I say smiling before giving him a hug "have a nice day"

The coffee was eventually done after what seemed like an eternity of waiting. I grabbed my coral colored yeti that Casper got me for my birthday this past summer, it had 'Serenity' engraved in the front. I poured the coffee in, added some hazelnut liquid coffee creamer and sugar.

"I'm heading off to school mom, I love you!" I hollered walking out of the kitchen. I got no reply but to be fair, she had just worked a late shift last night so she was probably still asleep. I wish I still was.

"Hey babe" Samara said walking up beside me in the hallway as we made our way to our lockers "do you work tonight?"

"No but I probably have to serve that detention I skipped the other day" I replied rolling my eyes slamming my locker shut

"It won't be that bad!" she said patting my back smiling at my frustration

I wanted nothing more then to relax on my day off. Not be at school till almost 5 o'clock. If only I showed up to class on time.

The bell sounded indicating we had five minutes to get to our first period so I parted ways with Samara and made my way there. I started to dread this class more and more everyday. I don't know if it was because it was my senior year or because of my teacher. Either way, it sucked.

I walked in and made my way back to my seat sitting down. Today I made sure I looked around the room for Liam. He did mention that he had classes with me.

Sure enough, a couple seats in front of me and a row over, there he was. Smiling at me with that wildly attractive smile.

I quickly motioned for him to come over while smiling back. The bell still hadn't rung so I had a maybe a minute or two to prepare.

"See! I told you I was in some of your classes!" He exclaimed smiling widely once again as he sat in the desk in front of me, his chest pressed up against the back of the chair.

"I see that now" I replied laughing "do we have any other classes together?"

"No, not this nine week period anyways." he replied  "I was going to ask if you maybe want to get some coffee before my work shift tonight. Would you be down?" 

My words got caught in my throat as if I was mute and I couldn't hide the redness creeping upon my cheeks. For all I know, the gesture is most likely friendly so me being flustered by the thought of it was probably creeping him out.

"That'd be nice!" I replied smiling as the teacher walked in

"We have detention today darling." Jaxon growled butting into our conversation from the seat beside me "did you forget?"