•Chapter 3•

Two updates in one day! I hope y'all enjoy! Leave some feedback 🖤. (The picture above is just how I picture Serenity's room)

I woke up around 5am with a blasting headache. I groaned rolling over into my blankets to at least try to get another hour of sleep but couldn't even slightly manage. Of course, that's how today's going to go. I slowly sat up and went to go get some ibuprofen and a drink. As I was walking into the hallway, I heard laughter coming from the living room. To be more specific, girl laughter. To be even more specific, Samaras laughter. I made my way down the stairs to find her sitting on Caspers lap as they both were laughing hysterically. She quickly jumped off

"I can expla-"

"it's too early for this" I interrupt grabbing a glass of water and my pills. I glanced over in their direction and they were both sitting there, far apart now looking at me awkwardly.

"Serenity please just list-"

"like I said it's way too early for this. I'm going to take a shower" I said awkwardly walking up the steps.

Did that really just happen? Did I just walk in on my brother and best friend? Well to be fair, they were out in the open but still. I quickly showered before washing my face and brushing my teeth. I threw myself down on my bed still exhausted. I could really use some coffee right about now. I threw on a dark pair of ripped jeans and a white T-shirt and slipped on my checkered vans. I decided to leave my hair how it was because it was still wet. Blowdryers and curly hair don't mix. Take my word for it. I looked at my phone and it now read 5:45. I had a little over an hour to get to school. Throwing my bag over my shoulder I ran down the stairs and made my way to the front door.

"Where are you going?" Samara asked standing up. I raised my eyebrow

"Where do you think?" I swear this girl asks the dumbest questions. No I'm going to go book a flight and take a trip to Hawaii.

"Isn't Gabe driving you? Can we please talk about this?" she pleaded walking outside with me

"Listen I'm not mad, I just really need to go if I want to make it on time and no. Gabe's not getting me and I don't feel like riding the bus. I want coffee." I say smiling reassuring her "We can talk about this later"

One coffee later and I've now got 15 minutes to get to class. I wasn't really stressing about it though. The schools not that far of a walk. I put my headphones back in and "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People started to play. My music taste ranged from soul music, pop, hip hop, and rap. Mostly rap though, can't ever go wrong with Key Glock or DaBaby.

I finally walked into the building and immediately rushed to my locker with just a few minutes to make it to first period. I quickly shoved all my books inside and speed walked to my English class. Today was going to drag I could already tell. When I made it to the class I wasn't surprised when I saw Jaxons seat empty. I threw my bag down as the bell rang and looked up at the board.

"Hello class, there won't be a journal topic today because we are starting a book! You will be reading in pairs with whomever I decide to pair you with. The book we will be rea-" she stopped when the door to the classroom opened

"Again why are you late Jaxon?" she asked, everyones attention directing from her to him. Well everyone except for me. I kept my head down not even wanting to acknowledge his presence. I heard no reply from him at all. Just complete quietness in the room. So quiet you could hear a pin drop. "Next time you interrupt my class by coming in late I will call your father." she replied pointing to his seat "last warning"

"As I was saying before Mr.Lowry so rudely interrupted" she paused glaring at him "We will be reading 'To Kill a Mocking Bird" by Harper Lee. Now I don't have a lot of copies so you guys will read in pairs. If you want you can answer the questions in pairs too. It's up to you." She said walking through the aisles handing out books