Devastation

Shouto scanned the floor to see if there were any more party wrappers on the floor. Less party wrappers, more cake that Shouto seems to keep slipping on.

"Dad, where's mom?" Taro asked Shouto as he frustratedly threw his arms in the air, dropping all the rubbish he had picked up.

"He went out to buy some more picky  party food," Shouto said, not looking his teenage children in the eye.

"I'm getting worried, Dad." Asahi said with a shaky voice.

"Yeah, he's been out for too long. He left hours ago! The party's over!" Yukina yelled with fear.

"Look, I know you're all worried about your mother and I'm worried about him too." Shouto turned to look at his six worried children, "I'll go out to look for him as soon as we're done here."

They all stared at each other for a little while. No one knowing what to say. All afraid of what could have happened to their mother but all too scared to go out and look for him themselves.

The seven of them turned back to cleaning up after the two 16 year old's party. But, Makoto turned to look at his father again, "why don't we all go look for him?"

"Huh?" Shouto turned his head.

"There's seven of us, we're stronger in numbers." Makoto explained to his father.

"No, that's too dangerous, I'm not losing you all too. But you're right about the stronger in numbers thing." Shouto ran into the house and grabbed his huge coat that would keep him warm and came back outside to kiss his children before he left. "You six stay here and finish up cleaning and get inside in the warm. Taro, you're in charge. I'm going out to look for your mother." With that, he was gone. Out looking for his one lover, before it was too late.

Shouto thought about worst case scenarios like, Izuku collapsed from all the bags and couldn't get up and has been laying on the floor for hours in the cold. The tall man shook his head, attempting to ignore all the bad thoughts and thinking of all the good things that would come from it if he found his husband; the children would be happy, Shouto would br ecstatic, Izuku would be grateful and probably give Shouto a very nice reward for finding him.

Shouto got out of the extremely long private lane they lived by and turned down the street next to it. The heterochromatic man knew that the shop at the end of the street was the closest one to their house, and therefore, the one Izuku was more likely to walk towards.

The bi coloured man made his way to the end of the street and saw a beautifully warm light. It was a lamppost. Shouto stopped to look at it. It was strangely beautiful. The warm glow that came from it made Shouto feel happy again.

With this new feeling inside him, he went onward to the shop that was merely 20 metres away. Until he stood on something.

Shouto bent down to see what he had stood on. A blood red scarf, surrounded by bags full of picky party foods.

"Izuku's scarf...." Shouto stood up and looked around, moving so quickly that anyone else would get whiplash.

"IZUKU!" He shouted with all his might, "IZUKU, WHERE ARE YOU?!"

"Shut up, buddy, the rest of us are trying to sleep!" Some random woman leaned out of her window to shout at the screaming man.

Shouto calmed down and took a deep breath. His brain brought the worst thoughts to his mind and he tried to get rid of them but they kept coming back up. What if Izuku freaks out? What if he never comes home? What if he's killed?!

Shouto picked up the scarf off the floor and scrambled home as quickly as he could, on a mission. His brain wasn't working correctly and no clear thoughts came to mind. How would he tell the kids? How would he get his husband back? How would he deal with being alone?

All the questions passed through his mind but none came to stay, and no rational thoughts came. Not even one.

He arrived home and panted. His breath was heavy and his voice had left him. Not just because of the running, but because he still hadn't thought of how he would tell his family that they're mother has been kidnapped.

"Dad!" Makoto ran to his out-of-breath father, "what happened?" He looked down on him.

Shouto dropped to the floor. He couldn't bear it. The pain was too much and he had no way of explaining it to his babies. He began to sob. Head in his hands, he sobbed until his whole face was wet.

Makoto stood and watched, completely gobsmacked. He had never seen it before; his father was always so strong. Asahi on the other hand, saw his father crying and rushed over, remembering the first time he saw him cry: seven months into Izuku's pregnancy with Kasou, they all thought neither Kasou nor Izuku would live and the both parents sobbed together in unison.

Now, again, Shouto was caught weak in front of his children.

"Dad! What's wrong? What happened?" Asahi shook his father's shoulders before hugging him tightly, attempting to calm him down.

Kasou saw and made his way over to the three men slowly. He bent down to pick up the scarf that lay on the floor. Asahi looked up, "what's that, Kasou?"

Kasou stared down at the scarf as red as blood, "it's the scarf I knitted for mom in school five years ago."

"I found it on the floor." Shouto brought himself to say.

"What?" Makoto asked, wondering if he'd heard that correctly.

"On the floor? But where was mom?" Asahi added.

"He wasn't there..." Shouto's sobs created words.

Yukina popped her head around the corner, "I heard everything - we need to look for mom." She said confidently.

"Yukina's right, if we don't look for him, no one will." Kasou stood by his older sister.

"I'll contact everyone we know - we're gonna find mom!" Asahi shouted as he ran up the stairs to grab his phone.

"Don't worry, dad..." Sakura came from around the corner, "we're gonna find mommy... know it..." the pink haired girl began to cry too, tears trickling down her soft face as her eyes turned red.

Shouto saw that and stood. His tears stopped when he realised how weak he was being. He wasn't being the thread of hope that his children needed, and that's what he had to be.

Shouto embraced his youngest daughter and comforted her, "where's Taro?" He asked.

"Out the back... still cleaning up the extra little bits." Asahi said.

Shouto let go of Sakura and marched his way confidently over to the back doors.

The other five children kept watching from inside. Shouto began to speak to Taro, Taro listened. Tears began to fill Taro's eyes as he hugged his father, reassuring him.

The two came inside and Shouto knew he had to be his children's main piece of hope. And so that's what he became.

"Kids. We're gonna find your mom." The whole family cheered and contacted their friends to let them know that they had a big mission: to save the number one hero!