23

I've been kept in my new cell for a matter of days.

No one comes to see me, hardly any food is given to me, and I haven't seen a single light in days. Not even Valora's candle accompanied me. I suppose it grows dormant in my old cell, perhaps Valora no longer cares to light it.

My conditions are even worse than before. This cell is cramped, tiny, and frigid temperatures surround me in what feels like a box of ice. I almost can't do anything, it feels practically impossible to move because of the shackles they trapped me in. Instead of the chains around my neck, wrists, and ankles, they've expanded to restrain my waist and forearms. The metal is heavier now, and hangs on me like an anchor, restricting me from going anywhere.

I've tried to pull myself out multiple times, but each time ended with my body flaring up and burning. Over the last few days, my attempts have made me sore and my body has grown weak from a significant drop in food.

Since I didn't have the ability to jot down any tallies, I had no idea how much time I have left and that frightened me even more than the dangers of this dungeon. With the scales continuing to advance up my legs, I had some sort of clue as to where I stood on my timeline. With every new scale, it shot pain up the leg it creeped on. It was like the pain I felt when I lost my tail, only this time the process was more tormenting and drawn-out. Every couple of seconds, it made me wince with the stinging sensation.

I was left in my cell for what I think was days before the guards came to haul me out and down the hall. They led me to the torture room, and immediatly I understood what laid before me. I started to fight them as soon as I comprehend what was being set before me. I fought valiantly, and so two more guards were sent to keep me still throughout the walk.

When we reached the room, they tied me down in the wooden chair. The chains, along with the rope, made the chair a sturdy prison I again couldn't escape. I made well to keep my face still in spite of my frustration.

Josson and Hernias come out to greet me in a matter of minutes after I'm tied. Immediately, Hernias goes to retrieve something while Josson stays to stare and insult me.

I don't speak as Josson jeers at me. I just glare at him continuously, my fixed gaze of curses never failing.

Josson leans his body against a table as two guards leave the room. Josson peers me up and down repeatedly, it makes me cringe to know I can't do anything to move away from his gaze. Instead, I'm stuck on display for him and the guards as the siren no one really understands. I hate it.

"I'm curious," he says finally, disregarding his insults for actual conversation, "How did you get here, Princess?"

I knew what he meant instantly. "None of your concern," I said back.

He shrugged, "Fine," it was his normal answer. "I suppose you wouldn't tell me were the rest of your wretched species are either?" Again, I glare, my expression blank and unamused. Josson chuckles slightly, "That's fair," he says at first, "but I'm afraid you won't have a choice. King's orders."

Hernias comes through the door suddenly, a string of bright, burning chains hanging upon a metal pole. "I didn't get to use these on you the other day, but I wouldn't let them go to waste." Hernias laugh sends shivers down my spine. This man was deranged, and his sole purpose was to get me to suffer.

"Your disgusting," is all I can think to say under my breath. I can't decide if it was towards Hernias or the Prince.

Either way, Josson responds back, "Maybe he is, but I can't get you to speak any other way. And I don't feel like wasting time by giving you countless chances like last before."