Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I stared in horror at the sequined dress with a long slit in a deep shade of red that Jess held out for me. She is grinning from ear to ear, with a mischievous twinkle in her eyes.

"No, no, no." I immediately answered, horrified.

"No?"

"No." matigas kong wika. Muntik na akong atakihin sa puso nang ipakita niya sa akin ang gusto niyang suotin ko sa Halloween costume party namin bukas ng gabi.

"But you will look great in it!" she insisted.

"Jessica, that dress is too... revealing..." kalmado kong wika.

She woke me up early in the morning with a call, telling me she's got great news and has to see me asap. Inimbitahan ko siya sa mansion namin, total ay kilala naman siya nina Mama at Papa. Papa likes her so much. Mama smiled and thinks she's a good girl, too.

"What can you expect? It's Jessica Rabbit's costume!" she squealed in delight.

I swallowed a groan. When she told me that she's going to announce some good news, I wasn't expecting that she'd bring me a dress that shows half of my soul.

"You just gotta find some red wig and heels girl, and you're good to go."

"Baka mapatay ako ng mga magulang ko, Jess, kapag nakita nilang suot ko 'to!"

She grinned at me mischievously. "It's a Halloween costume party, right? So, wear whatever you want! Huwag mong sabihin sa aking balak mong maging si Snow White o Cinderella sa party na ito?" nagtaas pa siya ng kilay sa akin.

Twin spots of red suffused my cheeks as embarrassment took over me. I was really planning to dress as one of the Disney characters that I love, given that Mama could order any dress from Manila in just a short notice if she wishes.

"Honey, trust me, you can wear the most sparkling Cinderella shoes and Prince Charming won't fall to your feet. This is the modern time! Kailangan mo nang maging Jessica Rabbit!"

I groaned out loud. I know she's only joking but I'm starting to panic. How would I ever explain to her that I don't want to wear that dress because it's too revealing? At sigurado akong hindi lang sina Mama at Papa ang aayaw sa suot kong 'to, pati na rin si Blake. And I can't dress slutty for the costume party. There would be investors and Papa's business associates! And the entire Sobreval family!

Just thinking about it makes me sweat in cold. Napabuntong-hinga ako.

"Okay, if you're not really comfortable with it, you can wear nude tights or something. I'll help you with that. You'll need a pair of purple gloves and red wig. Some red lipstick and a stunning diamond necklace."

"San mo ba nakuha ang costume na ito?"

She grinned at me. "Naglilinis ako ng backstage kaninang madaling araw at nakita ko 'to. Some lady singer must've worn it a long time ago. Wala na daw ang wig, but the dress is still in a good condition. And when I first saw it, I thought it'd be perfect for you!"

Ngumuso ako. She'd gone so much trouble that it would make me feel guilty if I decline her.

"Come on, Savannah, you need to channel your inner Jessica Rabbit! Baka lumambot na nang tuluyan si Blake sa iyo!"

I raised a brow. "And what would you be wearing?"

"Kim Possible."

We exploded into laughter. I collapsed on my bed and stared at my cream ceiling, wondering what my family and friends would react once they saw me in that very seductive dress. The idea per se is thrilling. I would be delighted to see Blake's reaction but it would also rip my conservative image.