»Frozen«

Coffee, cigarettes, companions. Those are Lilia's three favorite things and she especially likes them all together on a beautifully gloomy day. Her and her friends all sat around a small table outside of a local coffee shop with their black bitter drinks and their cancer sticks that they share. Being outside on an early December morning in Indiana, the boys of course dressed in thick layers of warm clothing so they wouldn't be freezing. Even then they were all still cold, except for Lilia, who was wearing just a black long sleeve shirt and a grey mini skirt over her fishnet tights.

"How are you never cold, Lils? I mean you wear your long shirts and occasionally some pants, but is it all enough?" Jack questioned after sipping his drink and then plucking the cigarette out of Jaeden's grip from beside him. The blonde girl had secrets to her fashion choices. She doesn't wear long sleeves because she's cold, she wears them to cover up the scars on her arm. Her friends, beside Jaeden, don't know about her bad habit. She's not ready for them to know. Lilia wasn't ready for Jaeden, Sadie or Millie to know either, but they found out on their own.

The reason why Lilia never really dresses warm is because, being a fire witch, she could just warm herself up internally. It's a skill that's she's mastered for two years now and it took a lot of practice and concentration, but now it's as easy as brushing her teeth in the morning and night. Of course the witch wasn't going to confess her secrets, so she shrugs smugly and stirs her coffee around in her little cup. "I don't know, I guess I've gotten used to Hawkins' winters after living here my whole life. And as a strong woman once said, cold never bothered me anyway." She then sips her coffee.

Wyatt gasped from beside her. "Are you quoting Frozen? I love queen Elsa! I just love her super badass ice powers." He squeals. Wyatt has always been a fan of Disney movies and one of his favorite films was Frozen. Jaeden scoffed. "Well I don't like her powers and with good reason. She froze her entire city and she almost killed her sister like twice with her powers." Jae shares his opinion on the movie. Lilia raised her brows in interest. Her and the gang have never talked about super natural things such as magic and she was interested in hearing their opinions on the iconic ice queen. "Jae," she leans against the table with her arms crossed. "Hypothetically speaking, what would you do if someone here in Hawkins had magical ice powers like Elsa?"

"Kill them. People with power have bad intentions and if someone here had the power to freeze anything, imagine what they could get away with. They could probably kill us, so we need to kill them first." The pale brunette boy answered the girl's question before stealing the cigarette back from Jack. He rolled his eyes, watching Jae smoke. "If someone here had those powers, I'd probably team up with them just because I want the power to create me evil snowman army. They'd be my life snowy servants, doing everything I say and I wouldn't pay them."

"See? People with power have bad intentions." Jaeden uses his friends statement as an example. Wyatt reached across the table to take the cigarette from Jaeden's fingers. He held it, observing it for a moment before sharing his thoughts. "My answers are simple. If I had Elsa's wicked cool powers, it would be snowing every day. If someone in Hawkins had the power to freeze things, then I would worship her like she was princess Elsa. And I hope she's blonde, too." The curly haired boy took a drag. Lilia sat there with a very small smile to her lips.

Hearing Wyatt's response was assuring to her. However, the other's worried her. More so Jaeden. "What about you, Lils?" Wyatt asked while holding the cigarette in front of her face. She took it gently from him before taking a long puff from it and blowing smoke all in the air. "If someone here in Hawkins had ice powers, I'd befriend them just because I honestly want them as a friend. And if I had ice powers... I wouldn't tell anyone about it." She honestly spoke. Everyone sat there, taking in her response. Wyatt and Jack seemed to like it. Jae was stubborn. "I still don't know about the whole magic thing. Like I said, people with power have bad intentions." The boy sighs out. Lilia's smile faded away.

Obviously Lilia wouldn't intentionally hurt anyone. Sure her personality and tone of voice are a bit harsh, but she's never hurt anybody physically with her powers or even her hands. Only on accident. She was scared now. She felt like that she couldn't be honest with her friends about what she is. Jaeden just said that he would kill someone if they had ice powers and Lilia takes it literally because that someone is her. But he doesn't know, nobody does. Only Lilia and her family. So she stood up from the coffee table with her black canvas tote over her shoulder before stomping away to find the nearest pay phone.

She found one just a block away from the café and put a quarter in to make a call. The blonde dials the number and waits patiently for someone to pick up. "Ryder resistance. This is Finn speaking." Finn picked up the house phone after hearing it ring a couple of times from the laundry room. The blonde spoke like she was having an urgent issue. "It's Lilia. Come into town and meet me at To Dye For. It's a beauty salon on Grape street. Come alone." And then she ended the call before walking to her next destination.

»«

The fire girl and the water boy just stood outside of the salon To Dye For, where Lilia asked him to meet her. She wasn't expecting him to actually show up, but she didn't care who did. She would invite the first person to answer her call. The teens just stare up at the building with silence between them, Lilia smoking a cigarette while Finn had his hands in his pockets and questions in his head. "Why are we here? Are we gonna actually go in or did you just call me down here to stare at this building? Also why didn't you ask one of the girls to come here with you?" The curly haired boy finally asked all of his questions. The blonde let out smoke before chuckling softly. "Why, do you think you'll be the only boy in there?" She joked, earning a little laugh from Finn.

They stood there quietly again before he spoke up again. "Why are we here, Lils?" The blonde kept her eyes on the big bright sign hanging above the door on the building as she told him a story. "My whole life, my only friends have been my sisters. We had so much in common and I didn't have to hide anything from them because we were all three the same." She paused to smile at the good old days. Finn spread a little smile too. "And now that I have these friends from outside of home...even though I've known them for almost three years, it's still hard to hide who I really am from them. It's so hard to keep these secrets from them, no matter how awesome they'd think it all is."

Finn took a step closer to her to bring his arm over her shoulders. "I know." He said with a smile. Lilia looks up at him. She felt weird under his platonic affection. She never thought that she would even be touching Finn Wolfhard, but here he is hugging her in the middle of town. "I think it would be easier and a little fun to...isolate my true self. I can't let them in, I can't let them see." Finn let go of her to grab her hand in comfort. "That's why we're here. Now let's get inside so we can put you in a disguise." He tries to cheer her up. It works as Lilia smiles while dragging him inside and out of the cold.

———————————————————————

Sorry I couldn't update yesterday, Wattpad deleted the chapter but I rewrote it because it's BRILLIANT and I just loved the idea. I really like this story and so do other people, I just need to find the motivation to update it every now and then.🔮