»The Mind Reading Adventures of Sadie Part IV«

The blonde sat in her cave, lit up by candle light, reading a book. Lilia didn't know what else to do, her supreme was gone and the coven was turning upside down with chaos. She didn't know if it was best to run away and never look back, or fight. Yes she did encourage everyone to fight, but no one knew how to. None of them have ever used their powers against someone. Her wrist start to burn and so she shut her book and dug through a little shoebox for her emergency razor blade. Lilia found it and took a look at both of her wrists. There was just no more room, so she bunched up her skirt. With no emotion, she dug the blade into her outer thigh.

»«

"She's been talking to her for too long. What do you think she's telling her?" Millie starts to worry for Sadie, who had been talking with Lisanne for a good hour. Finn sat on his bed bouncing his leg and fidgeting with a button on his cardigan. "She'll be back, don't worry. I'm sure everything is going fine down there." He tries to get his girlfriend to relax. He should take his own advice. The brunette girl was pacing for a while and quickly before her legs got tired and she sat down beside Finn. He was focused on biting the inside of his cheek.

The girl let out a deep exhale through the nose before standing back up and looking around the room for something that would distract them. Unfortunately, Finn didn't have a lot of stuff. Even his clothes were gone. But his desk was a little untidy with pencils and papers spread out everywhere. "Come on, let's clean your work space." Millie taps his knee to get his attention before hurrying towards the desk and putting his pens back in the pen holder. "What? Why?" "Because it's bothering me!" The girl snapped, whipping around to face him. Finn just stood up and walked over to her to put his hands on her shoulders.

"You need to relax. We both do. Sadie is fine, she's probably trying to get on Lisanne's good side so everything seems okay and like we're on board with this." The older boy concludes. Millie bite her lip and shook her head. She wasn't just worried about Sadie and Lisanne, she was worried about everyone. Lilia, Winona, and even her and her boyfriend. She was scared and confused about everything that was happening. But she took a deep breath anyway just to settle her nerves a bit. "I know. I know." Millie spoke slowly as she flashed a smile at Finn who gave one right back. She leaned up on her tippy toes and planted a kiss on his lips.

Finn blushed and grinned before grabbing her face and leaning down to give her a much longer kiss. She shut her eyes and sunk into his soft dreamy lips before reaching up to drape her arms around his neck. Millie plays with the curls on the back of his head while Finn put his hands on her waist. His fingers twitch and he became more nervous than before. He didn't want to go too far and scare her. Funny how he kissed her to help them relax, but now he's super tense and a bit shaky. Luckily Millie hasn't noticed as she has been successfully distracted by her boyfriend's tongue.

Once again, they were interrupted by Sadie just barging in. The teens jump apart and Millie wipes the drool from her lip as the red head came in looking excited yet scared. "How did it go?" Finn questions. Sadie opened her lips to speak with a big smile, but then it softly faded and she shyly shook her head. She wanted to tell them, but couldn't. Lisanne could be spying right now, making sure that Sadie doesn't betray her. Millie was weirded out by this. "Are you okay? Did she hurt you?" The girl asked her friend. "Did she take your voice in exchange for legs like in The Little Mermaid?" Finn inquired. Neither of the girls had seen that movie, so they look at him with knitted eyebrows. "I-... I need to go." Sadie finally spoke to them before leaving the room to hurry down the hall to her own room. The couple fear for her, but little did they know that she was stronger than before.

»«

The blue bird had looked all afternoon for Caleb through Loch Nora and he finally found him. The bird was just flying above the suburbs with a letter in his mouth when he looked down and saw a kid that looked like how Sadie had described him. The bird flew down over the house and to Caleb's bedroom window before sitting outside on the windowsill. The animal taps on the glass to get the boys attention and it worked. Caleb looked up from his book and out his window to see a bird standing there with a piece of paper in his mouth. The teenager stood up and went to open the window, confused as to why a bird was just sitting outside his bedroom window with a little note in his beak. The bird dropped the letter, chirped that it was from Sadie even if he couldn't understand that, and then flew away. Caleb read the name on the letter and picked it up to unfold and read it.

My love,

I hate to tell you that I can't make it to our date tonight, as I'm facing troubles at home. It's not what you think, I just need you to trust that I will be okay. I will fight to see you again.

Love, Sadie

ps when I see you again, I wanna make out with you.

Caleb widens his eyes at the letter. He was so confused and worried. He wondered what was going on at Sadie's home.

»«

It was very late at night, the perfect time to do this. Sadie had gathered everyone into the garden shed of the greenhouse and explained everything. "I've tapped into some sort of mind manipulation part of my mind. Lisanne helped me." "Why did she help you?" Lilia questioned with her arms folded. The red head rolled her eyes. "Because she wants me to be like her. She figured out about my mind reading abilities and thought that I could do more. Now I can and I have an idea of what I can do with them," everyone listened closely to Sadie's brilliant yet dangerous plan. It's not normal for witches to just give them self a new ability. It could actually be harmful to them and Sadie knew that from the start, but she was willing to do anything to save her friends and Winona. "I'm gonna look through Winona's mind."

TO BE CONTINUED

-----------------------

I finally updated after a few weeks. Last week I asked my readers if they wanted me to update this or another story of mine called Flame and they all pretty much voted for Flame so I updated that. I feel like setting myself on a schedule really slows me down or stresses me out. Lately I've been writing short stories and just kind of experimenting with the uploads just to see how I do without a set deadline and I think I'm doing pretty great and it's less stressful on me so there might be some changes to my uploads.🔮