"It was dark by the time I arrived home. The night was dark inside the forest, and it was supposed to stay like that, yet, something was lighting up my house. It was a wildfire. A furious flame that was swallowing my house whole and everything and everyone else that was inside it. I ran to the front door, my hand was clasping the door knob. Yet, I didn't move. I froze, completely. I wasn't able to step inside as I heard my mom scream for my father. I didn't move a single muscle in my body as their screams echoed all over the forest. And I stayed frozen in the same place, the logs of wood pilling up in my arms. The screams became silence, houses and bodies became ashes – all in front of my eyes. I didn't move because I was scared. I was terrified, absolutely scared sh*tless. I was scared of losing my life. The life I had just started to fight for. Scared of that ridiculous weakness I had been given. I knew that no matter what I did, I could never save them. And that hurt so much to hear, to admit to myself because I was... I was the cause that this all was happening to them. Me. That's where it hurt the most. It hurt not being able to protect those that I loved and cared for. It hurt losing my family, losing the sibling that I never got the chance to meet. It hurt so f*cking much because I knew that there was nothing that I could do, nothing that I could ever do. That hurt turned into anger. Anger for everything in that pack. The people, the cabins, even the f*cking grass. And I decided to take from them what they took from me"

The wind stopped blowing, the crickets went quiet. The clouds in the sky above stopped moving. It was as if the whole world, the whole universe, had gathered to listen to the tragedy that was Jungkook's life. The whole word stopped to give the boy comfort, to let him know that even the universe, too, froze at times.

"It's all a big messy blur after that. Just random pieces of memories here and there. I remember seeing them mocking my parent's death, celebrating that they were gone. That no one was poisoning their breed anymore. I remember grabbing the alpha's son and being ripped away from him. I remember being tied up like a doll and placed in a bonfire, where they wished to burn me like they had done to my family. I blacked out to the sound of their laughs and celebratory screams. When I came back to my senses, the Alpha was dead. Everyone was dead. I ran away. When guilt and regret started crawling under my skin, I left the place. Only a few weeks after, did the memories of the things I had done started haunting my conscience. Ripping heads of mother and children. Tearing limb after limb. I couldn't comprehend how I had done that, where did that burning rage came from. It was confusing, but I realized my body had changed. My wolf had changed. It was different now, more aggressive, stronger. An alpha not born out of blood, born out of fear. Fear of losing those I care for, fear of failing. That fear created that monster you hear about so much, created that ... legend, that myth, that killed a pack in a blink, with no hesitation whatsoever"

It was quiet, silent. Hani didn't know what to say. It was the first time she was hearing exactly what had happened on the night of the tale. She was still processing everything. The pain that Jungkook felt, the tragedy, the loss, the anger, the injustice, the lies that the tale told. The tale had pictured him to be nothing more than a bloodthirsty, anger driven, mad wolf obsessed with bringing chaos and destruction to all those around him. In reality, it had been just a little boy, angry at the world, angry at the way his life had been ripped from his hands. It was heartbreaking and Hani felt her own heart shattering, the tears welling up in her eyes the more she thought about how unfair life had been for Jungkook during all these years. And how people with selfish and greedy hands, had tried to cause a deeper gash on the Alpha's heart.

Jungkook stole a quick glance at Hani. His eyes hesitantly and fearfully looked at her. Her quietness frightened him, made him nervous. Jungkook didn't even let his brain process rationally what was happening, or even tried to understand the girl's reaction. Already used to people drifting apart from him, Jungkook prepared himself to say goodbye.