Chapter 12

"I have to go to class," I whine, trying to break free from Lucas's needy hold on me.

"No, you don't," Lucas and his father, Feliciano, say in unison -- whining loudly and annoying the hell out of Ludwig and Lucy.

"Ah, geez, you bastards. Let the poor boy go the fuck to class," Marie lectures, startling the two enough to release me from their hold. James laughs as the sudden absence of force sends me crashing to the ground.

Giving my mate a deadpan stare, I see Marie give me a warning look out of the corner of my eye. I haven't told James that he's my soulmate just yet, and she's getting seriously annoyed with me. I can't blame her, but I'm still too scared to actually tell him.

Ludwig takes a swig from one of the beers he got out of the fridge and shakes his head at our shenanigans. 

"Awe, come on,  Ludwig. Don't be a party pooper," Feliciano whines, collapsing onto his mate with a bright, cheerful smile. The German man blushes instantaneously, turning a bright red as he thickly swallows his beer.

Needless to say, he convinces the blonde to snuggle with him on the couch in a matter of seconds. It's cute and all, but if I'm being totally honest, seeing two middle-aged men cuddle is a little weird, especially when they really get into it like those two do.

Wincing, Lucy and Lucas head to my room to do whatever the hell they want. They know I won't stop them. I don't usually have the heart to say no to my pack, unless the situation absolutely demands it. They drag in a confused (and slightly terrified) Peter with them, and I almost worry about what's going to happen. But I'm running late, so he'll have to fend for himself for the time being.

"I'll see you after class," James murmurs, walking up to me as I start to head out the door. He treats me to a sweet peck on the lips that makes my brain turn to mush.

Grinning stupidly, I giggle in giddiness at the contact. "Kay," I respond dreamily, turning away and practically skipping down the corridor. The smallest gesture from him makes me feel all light and bubbly inside!

The stairs creak forebodingly, as always, as I skip down them, heading to class. One day, those damn things are going to collapse, and I'm going to get so much money from the lawsuit I make.

Shit, I'm running late. I realize this with shock. If this were an anime, there'd be so many sweat drops covering my face it wouldn't even be funny.

Gasping for air, I turn down a hardly occupied corridor. I don't usually take it, because it gives me the creeps. I'm just running late, so I'm utilizing drastic measures.

It's a barely used corridor, dusty and not very well kept in the terms of maintenance. There are suspicious stains all around in various colors. There are thing spiderwebs in some of the corners and nooks of the hallway. All in all, it's just a very old corridor, and this is probably the worst mistake of my life.

About halfway through, I stop dead in my tracks. I can hear footsteps, heavy, hurried, and purposeful. This isn't good...

A laugh, a crazed giggle fills the air as the doors on either end are slammed shut, the locks audibly clicking into place. I take out my phone as the footsteps become louder, dialing my mate's number on instinct. 

"Hey, babe, did you forget something?" He picks up on the first ring.

"James," I whisper, looking around in a panic when I realize that no one is in the hallway with me. At least, I don't see anyone. I can hear them, though.

"Babe? What's wrong? Why are you whispering?" I can hear the commotion beyond the phone. He's worrying everyone there? I'm even put on speaker.

"I think there's someone following me," I murmur, feeling my brow clench.

"Where are you?" he repeats.

"That old abandoned hallway. I was running late." I feel a breath gust along the back of my neck, but when I turn around with a loud cry, there's no one there -- nothing but empty air. "Someone's here," I repeat loudly, hearing the panic in my own voice.

"We're on our way! Stay on the line, Aaron!" I hear my dad shout, and the sound of scuttling and shuffling can be heard through the speaker.

I swallow thickly, looking around in a panic when I hear footsteps. They sound...like heels? Yeah. It sounds like the clicking and clacking of high-heeled shoes against the artificial flooring, echoing through the hall as the only thing that I can hear -- other than my own heartbeat.

"Oh, God." I back into the wall as the invisible person nears. They're close, but I can't see them.

"Aaron?" I hear James call from the phone that has fallen from my grip with a clatter.

I want to call out to him and tell him that I'm okay, that we'll all be okay, because I know who's behind the murders and the demons. I know who's done it.

But when the dagger she pulls out is plunged into my abdomen and blood starts to flow from me without restraint, I realize that I've lost the strengnth to speak.

The blade is definitely enchanted, because my world starts fading to black almost immediately. I'm passing out.

Shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heylo, my lovely little nuggets! I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to leave comments and such! I love to read them, because when y'all comment it makes my day! Anyway, I'll see y'all nuggety readers in the next update! Until then, have an absolutely fantastic and fabulous day! Bai!!! >:3

-IggyScones