Chapter 1

"Hey, kiddo, you okay?" 

I sigh and tape up the last box, sealing the last of my movable items inside. "I'm fine, Dad," I respond, standing up with the object clutched between my palms. 

The older man sighs and adjusts his glasses before entering the room. "I'm just worried," he says reaching out and ruffling my hair messy, wheat-colored hair with a solemnly sad smile. "I care, dork."

I chuckle and give my dad a hug, setting the box down on my bare bed. "Seriously, Dad, I'm okay," I repeat, clutching his fit, warm body close. He's always had a very protective prescence to him, so I like spending my time with him.

"Aaron! Alfred! Get down here and help me load the bloody car!"

"Oh, looks like 'mommy' is a little stressed," My dad whispers, making me laugh as I pick the box up once again. "I'll take care of that later tonight, though," he adds under his breath, winking at me suggestively.

"Ewe! Dad, that is so gross!" I shout racing out of the room with laughter spilling from my lips -- only to stop short when I see my Papa at the foot of the stairs with his hands placed angrily on his slim hips.

"Bloody hell, you two are utterly useless," he whines, his thick brows furrowed in frustration. "I've loaded most of the car already, and you lads haven't done anything!"

"Thanks, Ma," I reply, smiling like a dork and pecking his cheek as he relents once again. They both have a soft spot for me. They're just lucky that I don't misbehave and use them like many other teenagers my age do to their parents.

"I swear, Alfred, teaching him to call me mom..." he fumes, crossing his arms and huffing, only succeeding in my other father fawning over him. For some reason, he thinks it's absolutely adorable when my Papa is angry. 

"Hey, a little less lovey dovey and a little more packy wacky would be greatly appreciated," I respond, walking through the front door and placing the last box in the trunk before slamming it shut. "If one of you could hand me my bags, that'd be fantastic." Looking to my parents I groan when I find them practically eating each other. "If you guys could be PG for like two seconds," I whine, heading passed the two of them. God, they look like two monkeys fighting over a piece of food with their mouths.

"S-Sorry, poppet!" my Papa calls out after me as I fetch my two bags, which are filled to the brim with my clothes and toiletries. Gosh, I didn't think I had so much stuff.

"I have so much shit," I state, sighing as I sling a rather heavy bag over my shoulder.

"Yeah that makes sense, because you're definitely a piece of shit."

I gasp in surprise and spin around quickly. "Marie! You scared the shit out of me!" I clutch at my chest for dramatic effect and only succeed in making her grin mockingly at me. The daughter of an exceptionally nice Spaniard and an overly angry Italian, she happened to get lucky and end up with the fiery personality.

"Good. You deserve to shit your pants for leaving us," she responds, brushing back her oak-colored bangs and following the hair as it falls into a braid that's resting on her shoulder. The style sort of reminds me of Elsa from that move Frozen that everyone seemed to be obsessed with not too long ago.

"Em, I'm not leaving you guys. I'm going to college. There's a difference," I reprimand, frowning at her as she rolls her honey-colored irises.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I still don't like it. Things will be so boring without you here!" she complains, crossing her arms across her rather large chest with a huff. "Who am I supposed to prank the twins with? I need a partner in crime!"