Chapter 9

"I understand."

I sigh in relief. "I'm sorry about this, Thomas," I return, scratching at the back of my head nervously.

The blonde shrugs and smiles solemnly at me. "It's okay," he says, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I understand. You love him." He chuckles softly at me. "I'm just glad that you aren't gonna lead me on, ya know? I had a girlfriend that did that once."

"You're bisexual?" I ask, suddenly confused at the mention of a girl. He nods, and I let the subject drop. His sexuality is none of my business. "I really am sorry," I say again, feeling my brow furrow together. I shift my weight from foot to foot as I look around. We met up at the park next to the campus, where there happens to be a hoard of college students partying rather loudly. We're on the opposite end of the park, though.

"It's okay. I get it," he says, leaning forward and pecking my cheek. "You still love him, and he loves you. It's natural for you two to get together. I won't get in the way of that." He pulls me into a hug that makes me internally sigh with guilt. I can tell that he's disappointed, but I don't love him like I love James. I can't do that to him.

"Thank you," I return, hugging him tightly before releasing him and stepping away. "I hope you get someone amazing," I tell him honestly, making him grin.

"Me, too, Aaron," he returns, giving me a curt nod before stepping passed me and walking towards the party.

I sigh and start back towards my dorm, where Peter and James are waiting. We're supposed to be having a movie night in celebration of James and me officially getting together. The thought makes me happy, but I don't like that I upset Thomas. He really was a sweet guy.

Nearly jumping out of my skin, I answer my phone when my heavy metal ringtone starts blasting through the speakers. Relaxing a little, I answer when I see that it's James calling me.

"Hey," I answer, sighing softly to myself as I kick at a small rock on the ground, watching it roll and bounce away.

"Hey, babe," James murmurs gently. "You talk to him?"

I cough a little as the cold makes my throat itch slightly. "Yeah, he was pretty good about it, too."

"Good. I'm proud of you," he tells me, and I blush heavily at the compliment. "Now, hurry back. I've made you some tea, just how you like it."

I grin at that and start jogging to the dorms, which I easily reach within a few seconds. "Sweet," I return, practically sprinting up the stairs. He must hear my sudden change of pace, because he chuckles at me.

Getting back inside, I quickly shed my jacket before a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind. It's a cheesy, cliche move, but it's still sweet.

"Hi," I greet stupidly, finding that all thoughts leave me in the prescence of my mate. He grins and pecks my lips lovingly, making me want to sway in awe at the contact.

"Hey," he returns, staying within centimeters of my face. He smells like candy canes and chocolate for some reason.

"Have you been eating candy?" I ask, narrowing my eyes. He better have saved me some, or I'm going to make him sleep on the couch.

"Yes," he admits. "I saved you some, too." He grins and pulls out a handful of sweets that makes my mouth water just by looking at it. Not to mention, the smell of chocolate is so good. God, I'm a pig, just like my dad. 

He pulls it away from me just as I try to reach for it. Why does he have to be taller than me? "Give me the candy, James," I order, glaring at the dastardly hand that witholds the chocolatey goodness from me.