Chapter 6

I pace back and forth nervously and tug at my outfit. I hope this looks good enough for a date.

"Hey, Aaron, have you seen my box of con- Hey, what are you all dressed up for?" Peter asks, barging into my room as I pace.

I sigh and fall onto my bed, running my fingers through my hair and messing up the styling I've done to it. "I have a date with Thomas tonight," I answer, twiddling my thumbs in my lap. "And he's supposed to come get me from here, but he hasn't arrived yet."

"Oh! This is exciting!" the blonde exclaims. "Where are you two going? What are you two gonna do?" 

I roll my eyes at the antics of my roommate and jump in shock when there's a nervous knock at the door. It sounds hesitant, and the scent that I can smell from it is definitely the cutie I've been waiting on. "He's here," I whisper, jumping up and fixing my clothes nervously, heading passed Peter and rushing to the front door.

Clearing my throat, I awkwardly open the door to find a handsome blonde right outside the door looking utterly adorable. He's wearing a tight V-neck shirt, jeans that are doing very well for his backside, and a dark-colored hoodie that shows off the bulging muscles in his arms and chest. Hot damn, he looks good. 

Grinning at the sight of him, I look him up and down shamelessly. "Hey," he greets, blushing at my intense gaze.

"Hi," I greet simply, stepping out and shutting the door behind me. It signals an intimate moment of finality. "You look good," I compliment, making him blush.

"You look great," he replies, breathing the words out slowly as if in a state of awe. I don't really look that good. I'm wearing some tight skinny jeans, a T-shirt, and a leather jacket with my hair done in a punk sort of style. Okay, maybe I do look good. "Ready to go?" he asks, stepping away and offering me his arm.

"Definitely," I respond, linking my arm with his and following him to the elevator. He smells nice, like spices and cologne. It's not quite the same smell that James has, though, a mixture of spicy like peppers and the burning of wood at a barbeque. It is rather close, though.

We take the elevator down, and instead of there being an awkward silence, it's more of a sexual tension, which wasn't what I was expecting. 

One thing I like about our campus is that it's in walking distance from practically everything. There are restaurants, stores, a movie theater, a park, and pretty much everything you can think of. It's almost as if it were all built around the campus, which wouldn't surprise me -- considering how college students are great customers when it comes to their favorite activities and foods. We're reliable in a sense.

He leads me to the movie theater, which is usually the go-to place for first dates. He's playing it safe, which is actually kind of adorable.

"Two tickets to see Annabelle," Thomas tells the vendor, who obliges happily, charging us for the tickets.

"Horror movies?" I ask with a grin. "I didn't take you for the type."

"I'm not, but you seem to be," he answers, making me grin. He's right. I absolutely love horror movies. I don't know why, but I think they're great. I love having the shit scared out of me. I guess I get it from my dad.

"Good choice," I praise, making his chest swell with pride.

"I try."

With a small smirk, I wrap my arms around his, clutching him like girls do on those cliche dates you see in movies and TV shows. Judging by the way he beams, it works, too.

No, we don't kiss during the movie. We actually watch it, and I end up spilling most of our popcorn out during it. Jumpscares are my worst enemy. I hate them, but I love them at the same time. I just love popcorn a little more. It's delicious.

We leave the theater laughing and having a good time. "I can't believe someone threw a shoe at the screen!" I exclaim, laughing so hard as I naturally stay close to Thomas. As funny as it was, witnessing the reactions of the fellow audience members, the movie was still terrifying, and he is my sense of comfort, seeing as it's dark outside.

"What about when the lady just took a step and everyone screamed?" he says, laughing just as hard as I am.

Laughing like the biggest idiots in the world, we make our way back towards the dorms. I don't even notice that we're holding hands the entire time.

Riding the elevator back up in a comfortable silence, I let my head rest on his shoulder. We didn't exactly do much, but I'm really tired. Closing my eyes, I feel him running his fingers through my hair comfortingly. I don't know why, but that's always been something that I've loved. I absolutely love when people play with my hair. It might be because I'm part dog, but I don't really know for sure. I just know that it's a great way to make me fall asleep. It's relaxing.

"You're like a puppy," he notes quietly, and I giggle at the way he says it.

"I like when people play with my hair," I murmur, nuzzling further into his comforting touch. Most people who know me already know this fact.

"That's so cute," he gushes, making me grin sleepily.

The elevator dings, and we reach my floor level, the doors gliding open smoothly. He takes the time to walk me to my front door, guiding me there with a steady hand on my back. I lean against the front door heavily, and he watches me quietly, as if observing something he admires. It's really rather flattering.

"I had a good time," he murmurs, and I nod.

"I did, too," I respond, playing with the hem of his hoodie. Is it bad that I actually want to kiss him right now? I've never really wanted to kiss anyone other than James, and the only kiss that I've ever had ended in disaster and my mate rejecting me.

He nibbles rather attractively on his lower lip, and I'm too tired to care about looking stupid. So, I lean up and place my lips on his, a simple kiss that seems to catch him off guard judging by the way he tenses and his eyes go wide. Man, I am one brave wolf.

His hand slowly snakes around my waist, and I don't know how to take this any further. I let him take the lead, seeing how I am a total amateur when it comes to this. His other hand cups my face as he adds movement to the kiss, and my heart starts to beat wildly with nerves and excitemet. Even though he isn't my mate, I can feel my body responding to his touch. He evens tastes good, like popcorn, which is a bonus.

The kiss starts becoming a little more heated, and I find myself enjoying it, especially as he pushes me further against the door, pinning me there. I'll never admit it outloud, but I have a weird thing about being dominated. And he's doing a really good job of it.

We break the kiss with gasping breaths, and I pant heavily with closed eyes. He releases me, and I find myself no longer pinned, which almost makes me disappointed.

"Okay, that made the date like ten times better," he murmurs, grinning stupidly.

I chuckle softly at that and pull out my keys, unlocking the door and opening it. As he turns to leave, I pull him back and give him a searingly hot kiss.

"I think there's a chance of a second one," I tell him, giving him a suggestive smirk that makes him blush. "You'll just have to play your cards right," I add, before backing away and shutting the door.

As I head back to my room and ignore the suggestive noises that are coming from Peter's room, I smile to myself and touch my lips fondly, feeling the ghost of his lips against mine.

But I still feel my heart sink, heavy with guilt and worry.

I don't regret the date, but I can't help but feel that this could really hurt James and Thomas. I don't want to lead anyone on, but is that what I'm doing? I want to say that I'm giving them both a fair chance, but this could be taken as me leading one of them on.

But who am I leading on?

Who do I want to be with?

I just...don't know anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heylo, my lovely little nuggets! I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to leave a comment or suggestion! I like to read them! They never fail to make my day ^-^ Anyway, I'll see y'all nuggety readers in the next update! Until then, have an absolutely fantastic and fabulous day! Bai!!! >:3

-IggyScones