15 | back stabber

Ignoring Jimin continuous texts was hard at first. It made him feel bad like maybe he could have given him a second chance to redeem himself. On second thought though, it was what that snake deserved: being ignored was the perfect punishment for his attention-seeking persona.

So as he was getting ready to go on his first "date" with Jungkook, he told himself to not think about anyone else except him; that poor boy really needed someone in his life at that moment: he had been treated badly by both his family and friends so the least Tae could do was offering him his time and affection.

Of course, he wasn't helping him simply out pity: on the other hand, the main reason why he was going out of his way and comfort zone to go see Jungkook, was because he was developing a crush of him. A big fat crush.

It started off as a simple attraction but now it had all the characteristics of
the classic omghelookedatmehessobeautifuljkoppamarryme type of crush. And for the record no, he wasn't at all proud of it. But it was the first time ever in his life that he felt that way and he couldn't pretend like it wasn't pleasing cause, truth be told, it was.

He was showing all the worrying symptoms: the so-called butterflies, the accelerated heartbeat, the incapacity to properly formulate a sentence, the inability to think about something that isn't about him and so on. The awkwardness of locking eyes with him, feeling like he can read right through him and maybe, who knows, even discover his true feelings with a single stare.

There was also this very weird thing where it only took a single message from Kook to lighten up Taehyung's entire day and put a smile on his lips. Let it be a simple "good morning" or even better a text reading "i'll see you tomorrow".

That was exactly the last message they exchanged one another after their first face-timing call. And ever since then Tae had been thinking about the outfit to choose for the occasion. A casual wear, sporty clothes, a sophisticated artsy look? His wardrobe was full of clothing items and yet he felt as if he didn't have what he needed (aka some expensive Gucci accessories... if only he could afford them).

The only solution to the problem was to go buy some new stuff, except now that he wasn't friends with Jimin anymore he didn't have anyone to go shopping with. Unless...

He took his phone and sent a message to one of his closest friends, who he was sure was gonna be helpful in that situation.

Perfect. Thanks to that lucky coincidence he now had a shopping buddy who so happened to have an incredible fashion sense too.

They had a really good time picking up clothes and accessories at the store and then trying them on, even though they ended up only buying a thing or two. Baekhyun was also able to find what he was looking for to give his boyfriend Chanyeol: a turtleneck jumper which would have certainly looked perfect on his partner's slim but toned body.

"Do you think he'll like it?" Tae's shorter friend frowned, wanting to make sure the item of clothing he chose was just the right gift for his fiancé.

"He'll love it" Tae said, placing a hand on Baek's shoulder and flashing him a smile.

"I also got him a ring hehe" Baekhyun then chuckled, looking proud of himself.

"You're such a cute couple" Tae sighed, recalling seeing them all happy whenever they hung out all together.

"Thanks hahah. What about you? Have you got a girlfriend or-" the blonde-haired boy asked as they were heading out of the store to get in the car.

"Actually I..." Tae's heart was about to jump out of his chest as he was considering to tell his friend about his date with Jungkook.

"I'm supposed to go to this date... well it's not actually a date but-" he finally confessed, still not able to believe he was really doing it.

"Whooaaa I wanna see her" Baekhyun's eyes widened in surprise. He was dying to know who his friend was crushing on.

"SHIT" Tae let out a screech as he checked the time on his watch, ignoring Baek's question.

"I gotta go, he's going to kill me! It was nice talking to you, see you around" Tae gave his friend a quick hug and then fled, not even giving him the time to process what was going on. The older boy sighed, frowning as he finally got in the car. Then he suddenly recalled Tae's last words, a million questions buzzing into his mind. "Did he say "he"? Does he have a boyfriend?"

_______________________________

New Messages

You
Hey! i'm so sorry I'm gonna be late
please don't be mad 😞😖

Jungkook
ahaha it's ok
but you're not getting away with it,,
you're buying me dinner 🤪🤪

You
...

Jungkook
anyway i decided to stop by the river and take some pictures. i'll wait for you there

You
cool, i'll be there in a sec
sorry again 😅😅😬

Seen 16.54✓✓

______________________________

Taehyung was panting and out of breath as he finally arrived near Nakdong River, squinting his eyes to spot Jungkook in the crown of tourists gathered around the place. The air was freezing, so much so that Tae had to wear a woolen scarf and coat to protect himself from the harsh weather, ditching the cool outfit he had chosen at first. He felt a bit silly for being so concerned about looking good, but that was the price to pay to be hanging out with a web celebrity such as Jungkook.

Little did he know the boy couldn't care less about how expensive his attire was; all he cared about was him with his cute boxy smiles, kind gestures and big heart.

A/N : thanks for 1k reads on this fic 😭 i'm so so grateful! also i hope u don't mind i added Baekhyun from Exo (i'm an exo-l too hehe) but he's not gonna have a major role so don't worry xoxo. please leave a star if you liked this chapter :)) it really means a lot.