Just One Chance

"Baby, let me be your man,

So I can love you,

And if you let me be your man,

Then I'll take care of you."

-Let me, ZAYN-

Mary Jane Ferrari

Although, what happened at the beach really messed with my head, the ending surely left a strange effect on me. I don't know what the effect was, but i do know that it wasn't a bad one. And that is bad. The fact that I liked the feeling of kissing my freaking kidnapper is bad. The fact that I kissed him is bad. I'm well aware of the fact that it was a dumb idea to do so- well aware of the fact that he's not the right person for me to be near to, let alone to kiss. I'm aware I should be regretting kissing him. Yet, here I am.

Here I am, in his car, beside him, with his hand on top of mine as he drove— possibly back to his place. The place I'm kidnapped in. And what am I doing about it?

Nothing.

I sighed for the 100th time as my head hit the window for the 100th time because of Enzo's car carelessly running over the bumps of the vacant and dark road. Other than the cold wind outside and the light sounds of the ignition of the car, everything was silent.

My eyes trailed along the passing trees out of boredom, and soon, my eyes drifted close.

<—————>

My eyes shot open at the bothering sounds reaching my ears, and i sat up, absorbing my surroundings. I was confused to see darkness all around me, and many possibilities of scary situations filled my mind and I started dragging my hands around me to feel something familiar. My hand came in contact with a hard chest, but soft skin. I carefully dragged my hand upwards to feel the small hairs on the chin— and moved closer, a familiar smell filling my nostrils.

Oh. Enzo.

I let out a sigh of relief, realizing he probably carried me after I fell asleep in the car, and my eyes soon shifted with the darkness, and i started to see a better view of what was going on around me. I was- obviously- in Enzo's room, on his bed. I looked beside me again and saw him sleeping peacefully with his lips slightly parted, and light whistles passing through his nose, making me smile a little.

The previous sound distracted me once again and I looked away from Enzo to see where it was coming from. My eyes followed it and soon stopped at the window. Dancing shadows of a bird made me sigh and lightly roll my eyes as it hit its beak on the glass of the window.

Annoying birdie.

On my other ear, a light snore made me shoot my head to Enzo, and I noticed he was now snoring, too.

Annoying Enzo.

Knowing that the mixture of the bird hitting the window and Enzo snoring was going to give me a headache, I slowly slipped out of the warm blanket and stood beside the bed, walking towards the window and opening it slightly, but not fully so the bird couldn't get inside and make a chaos in the entire house. I clicked my nail on the glass and the bird jumped before flying away.