Stockholm Syndrome

"Who's that shadow holding me hostage?

I've been here for days,

Who's this whisper telling me,

That I'm never gonna get away?"

-Stockholm Syndrome, One Direction-

Mary Jane Ferrari

"Sleep," A raspy voice whispered in my ear, and I sighed with my eyes closed, my head deep into the soft pillow. A warm blanket was placed on top of me, before the bed dipped beside me and I was completely unconscious.

<---------->

My eyes opened with an instant when I heard something hit the ground-- my heart almost jumping. I turned to my right and saw Vincenzo unmoving, sleeping. Sitting up, moving my gaze to the ground, I searched for the object that fell, gulping shakily when I saw nothing.

Slowly and slowly, quite hesitantly, I layed back, only to hear the same noise again, this time I noticed it was coming from outside the window-- quite close to the window...

Without thinking twice, I shook Vincenzo's arm as I felt my panic rise.
"W-Wake up, please!" My shakily voice pleaded, and my fist hit him lightly on his arm, only to realize now he's a deep sleeper since he's very unmoving and relaxed. "Ow, no..!" A whine left my trembling lips and I sat on top of him, punching him in the chest as hard as I could, before my fist met his jaw and he instantly sat up,

"Fuck me!" He grabbed his jaw and closed his eyes tightly, silence taking over with only my heart beating loudly. Calmly he spoke, "I don't know what to say... I'm so done--"

Without letting him finish, I wrapped my arms around his body-- around my kidnapper's body-- my face pressed to his warm skin, "Someone's here... Someone's here... I know it, I heard it," Mumbles unintentionally left my mouth and my body heated up from the sweat on it.

"What, Come again?" He tried to push me away but my hands dug into the skin of his back, not wanting to let go, "Mary Jane, what is going on with you?" His hand grabbed my waist and pushed me away-- and I screamed, making his lazily closed eyes wide open, "What,"

Before I could even open my mouth, a loud thud was heard outside, making my chest rise in horror. Oh my God.

The sleepiness from Vincenzo's face was gone suddenly and he frowned, pushing me aside as he moved to open the drawer beside him. Grabbing a gun, he stood up slowly, walking towards the window. Something in my heart shook, not wanting him to get hurt-- and I suddenly felt the urge to ask him to stop.

He placed his hand on the handle of the window but automatically the words in my mind ran past my mouth, "Don't..."

He stopped right there, and I did too. He turned to me with a very unusual expression-- I whimpered lowly. Why, Mary, why?

I stared into his eyes as he tilted his head, sorrow in his eyes, "Are you worried?" he asked-- but I didn't respond, the only thing in my mind was to push him away from that window. Chuckling, he lowered his eyes to the ground, "Don't be... Stupid girl." with that, he opened the window, looking around before jumping out of it.

Jumping. From the window. My body jerked forward and a very, very loud scream left my mouth, and I quickly stood up and ran towards the window, almost slipping, before I reached it and looked around. No one around. Where did he go? He's probably dead....