Inked My Words

"Say, go through the darkest of days,

Heaven's a heartbreak away,

Never let you go, never let me down,

Oh, it's been a hell of a ride,

Driving the edge of a knife,

Never let you go, never let me down."

-Let Me Love You, Dj Snake ft. Justin Bieber-

Vincenzo Colombo

"Hey, Boy." A light slap on my cheek made me push the person away from me and hid under the blanket. "Dude, yo, dude. Wake up my man!" A fake, deep voice made me roll around to face Mary Jane wearing my fedora, which covered her entire forhead. My eyes fell to her lap and I winced at the box in her lap. The same box I saw when she colored my eyebrows.

With a tired groan, I sat up and ran my hand trough my dark hair, fixing the mess before blinking my vision better and standing up-- within seconds, I was sitting back because of the heavy pain of my head. "Oh, fucking God..." I squeezed my eyes shut and placed my head in my hands. I shouldn't have gotten drunk yesterday-- it was the worse decision. So many bad things came out of it.

A warm hand gave my cold body chills when it was pressed against my shoulder. "What happened?" Mary Jane asked in a soft tone, but I didn't have it in me to respond, my headache stopping me promptly. The thumping in my head stopped me from hearing her-- maybe-- concerned questions. It just made me want to lay back down and shut off, but at the same time band my head against a rock.

This pain gives such familiar feeling. Old, familiar feeling.

When Mary Jane leaned on me and yelled, "Hey, Enzo!" A heavy pain echoed around my head and eyes, making me push her away with my shoulder--

I stood up with the best in me and-- ignoring the headache-- Started to walk to the bathroom, only to again have Mary Jane ask me, "What's wrong?" Moving away, I grabbed her hand that went to grab mine, and pulled her body into mine. Very visibly, the fear in her eyes rose as her lips started to tremble soon after-- the fedora on her head falling.

"Stop, alright? Just. Fucking. Stop." When I let go of her body, I turned to walk away.

"Am I annoying you?"

I took a deep breath and swiftly, punched the closest thing to me, "YES! YES, YOU ARE! CAN YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP NOW?!" I didn't think about the crack on the bathroom door, or my thumping head-- or the suddenly teary eyed, shaking girl before my eyes. If worse, I didn't stop. "You are fucking annoying. Don't you get it? You just make me want to-- to, fucking kill someone. Is that enough for you to shut up and leave me alone?"

After a while of her staring at me with watery eyes, she mumbled, "Hey... that's a bit rude..." Rubbing her red face, she shrugged, "It's fine, though." Fine wouldn't be the way I'd describe her right now. She's whole red. Tears are literally running down her face. And she says it's fine.

That's a fucking lie.

This time I didn't stop-- and turned to the bathroom and walked straight into it before I could fall to my knees and apologize to the trempling girl behind me. As I slammed the door behind me, I realized my headache had gotten worse. Moving my heavy gaze to the mirror, I sighed at the sight before me.

Yellow eyebrows, huh?

I dip my face into the sink and let the cold water run the tiredness away from me. The bitterness of the alcohol still in my mouth made me cringe as I grabbed the toothpaste and empty half of it in the brush-- just as I started brushing my teeth, I stopped right again-- noticing a black writing on the back of my hand in the mirror. I lowered my hand to my eyes, and the sentence on my hand made me regret my previous act even more if possible.