Enzo

"He is a bad boy with a tainted heart,

And even I know it ain't smart,

But Mama I'm love with a criminal."

-Criminal, Britney Spears-

Mary Jane Ferrari

Stockholm syndrome.

That's been the only thing running around my mind the whole day after the talk in the backyard with Dahhak. Everything is too much now. First the night encounter with Vincenzo and then this. And the other case... Aaron. I totally forgot about that. Just thinking about it makes my face and heart fall. Was it too much to think that he might be worried about me? Looking and craving for me? Because that's what I thought he would be doing.

And it was heartbreaking to see him just walking around on dates with his 'girlfriend'. Completely unaffected by everything that happened to me. Who would've thought he was like that. The sweet and charming guy, always taking care of me like his first priority. Now just pretending like I don't exist.

Although my brain is sure he has forgotten about me, my heart still wants to believe he hasn't. He hasn't and he's looking for me. Wearing sunglasses only to hide his pained red eyes. Walking around around with girls to distract himself. Going to ice cream parlor for our memories.

That could be the case. If not, he was clearly just done with me and my annoying behavior. I knew my bad habits would cause my beloved ones to leave me. I don't want that. I don't want Aaron to forget about me. But the positive part of my heart wants him to. So that he won't suffer because of me, so he won't cry and search for me.

Maybe it's just for the best he leaves my existence behind.

My overwhelming thoughts were broken when I heard a knock on the door, but I didn't have it in me to answer-- the person on the other side opened it anyway. The maid's blonde head appeared, her petite body following soon as she closed the door behind her. It's been a while since I've catched a sight of her. And now seeing her reminds me of the day she offered to escape from this place.

"Hi," A smile was plastered on her face as she sauntered over to me. Realizing I'm still laying back, I quickly sat up, smiling in confusion. When she stood in front of me with intertwined fingers in front of her, I patted the spot beside me, where she sat down.

"Hey, how are you?" I licked my lips, not realizing how dried they were from all the thinking. It really needs to stop.

"Well," She inhaled, "I'm, just-- fine. I was bored and there wasn't a single thing left dirty so I decided to make a visit here. Hope you don't mind." Shyly, she smiled and I shook my head,

"Of course not! That's very nice of you..." I trailed off,

"Stella,"

"Stella. I'm Mary Jane, in case you didn't know." I laughed lightly, hoping to make her feel comfortable. I really like the fact that she bothered to visit me-- so I want her to feel comfortable enough to come again sometimes.

"Mary Jane, that's quite a unique name." Stella complimented as her fingers trailed on the covers beneath us,

"Thank you." My cheeks warmed up at the compliment that I always get, my hands playing with my messy hair. Hearing Stella giggle, I looked up and smiled back-- before both of us fell silent.