XLVII - For You

"My eyes to see you, my legs to stand!" I overheard the screeches fill my ears as me and the girls were dancing around in my room singing

My mind still couldn't wrap everything around still. I was marrying my best friend. It was unreal because I had to constantly look at my hand and stare at the engagement ring for ten minutes and realizing that this wasn't a dream. I was going to be Mrs. Caprice Jones in a few hours.

Tears started to stream for my eyes as I shifted up in my bed.

"Aw Mila boo!" Tamia jumped on my bed and wiped my tears, making me smile.

"Sorry yall, it's just...wow," I sighed just thinking if Capo was feeling the same way.

This was a big step, marriage. The wedding was just something to satisfy our families, but the marriage was all up to us. It wasn't just a regular relationship anymore; it was really the next step. It was making big decisions from buying houses, medical decisions and even after life decisions. It was a union different from others.

"I hope your're not getting cold feet," Cassie said as she walked with a platter of sparkling cider into my room as Alisha handed me one.

"No, I'll never have cold feet with Capo, he's everything I ever wanted spiritually, emotionally, and physically. I couldn't have asked for any other man honestly," I said and the room just fell silent as they all looked at me with the warmest smiles.

"Aww," They all yelled.

"It's good to know that, yall still believe in love and marriage. It's a beautiful thing," Mr.Jones girlfriend, Taraji consoled me as she sat on the bed, "Marriage is so sacred and special, you have to have that special feeling to know that this is your soul mate. Things won't be great all the time."

"That's right, but it doesn't mean to give up. Always communicate and most importantly date even after marriage," Alisha added, and I nodded my head.

"Go get ready sis! The wedding of the damn season is in a few hours!" Tamia screamed excitedly as she skipped out the room along with the bridesmaids.

I got up taking the longest shower, calming my thoughts thinking about what Capo was doing and how he was coping. I wanted to call him to bad, but we promised each other that we would not talk to each other two days before the wedding. But I felt like every hour I couldn't talk to him. I started to miss him every single time.

After lathering my body with my lavender lotion, i put on my robe and fuzzy slippers and setting up everything, I sat in the bathroom and just stared at my wedding dress in awe and smiled. Capo sure was serious when he said there wasn't a budget on this wedding and it included my dress. After going to so many boutiques, it took a private jet to New York to find my dream wedding dress that cost thirty grand. He didn't even want to tell me how much the wedding cost all together, his only answer was "Price doesn't matter when it comes to the future Mrs.Jones."