XXVIII- Daddy Knows Best

Mr. Jones

"I still think it was wrong what you did to her," Donna argued as we walked through the million-dollar home that she recently purchased.

I wasn't a fan, but Donna always said once she hung up her hat from the Black Mafia; she would live lavish. After dedicating everything to the mafia for over twenty years, she was finally hanging up the silver bullets for all paid college tuition for her daughters and her dream home in Kendall, Florida pursuing her career in interior design. She honestly built this house from the ground up for over six years, making it exactly how she dreamt it. As much as I wanted to do that, I wasn't ready for Jalisa to act so differently and judgmental most likely begging me to build her a damn church and let her run it; I wasn't and never would let it even happen.

Sometimes I forgot that Chauncey, Donna, and I continued this family tradition. From our great grandfather, grandfather, our father then to us. We were young, only in our twenties, but we made it work for twenty more years. All three of us was happy to be a part of something so big and successful, but now it was time to pass the torch to our kids. I believed in change and the kids can administer that change.

Trevante possessed leadership skills like no other but from what his trifling ass mother did, I knew it would take some time to fully accept me back into his life and watch his life change yet again. Tamia was great with numbers and I know that she can properly operate the trade perfectly with Pusha by her side. I knew with enough time in the business there would be a side of Tamia that she would be shocked to experience.

"She agreed to run it. She had all the time to say no. She would still be my daughter through everything," I addressed as she stopped ad turned to me.

"First, I wasn't even talking about that, you know what I'm talking about and if you don't fix it, Tamia will hate you forever," She warned as I sighed.

She left me at the end of the winding staircase along with my thoughts.

Was I really putting Tamia in a bad spot? To me, it was perfectly fine but to others; it was me running her life. But in order for the Black Mafia to be abundant in funds and expand, one would have to get married. It didn't matter which kid but with Tamia at the perfect age, pairing her with Sammad was the best idea. It would help the Indians get back up and running again and the Black Mafia would expand overseas. It was a win situation for both parties. When Sammad came to me at the gala pleaded for something to help his family stay afloat, I was a little reluctant. I knew about his spending habits on drugs but he assured me he stopped and I made him take three drug tests just to be sure. I made him second in command to Tamia and Pusha for various reasons. He knew how to get to some exclusive people and I didn't want to push Tamia into his arms; I wanted it to happen naturally. If it didn't, then he would be replaced.

My phone suddenly started ringing snapping me back into reality as I saw Jalisa calling me. I pressed the ignore button rather not being nagged by the woman I once loved. I never understood Jalisa. After over twenty years together I saw the carefree, generous free-spirited woman that I fell for so quickly turn into a complaining, judgmental egotistical bitch. I fell out of love with her as soon as everything came out of her mouth was much of a judgmental opinion than a compliment.

Jalisa

Dinner ready in an hour. Where are you?

Received: 5:45pm

I read the message before slipping the phone back into my pocket.

"Well, if it isn't Mr. Jones," a deep voice interjected, making me raise my brow trying to link the voice to the person.