XIV- OTW

Tamia

"And if you ever so think that you will ever leave this house and go anywhere other than the church or school," She fumed as her eyes squinted as she turned away.

I barely was able to enjoy my breakfast just from the bickering and yelling that I was getting since last night. The crazy thing about it wasn't because I was out all day but another thing but it took her forever to spit it out. So, I let her scold me for hours until the answer would be revealed.

"I looked like a damn fool in front of the first lady and the pastor," She admitted at the table as I slowly fluttered my eyes and looked up at her.

She was upset because I refused to join them at a Sunday dinner? This was stupid.

"Are you serious right now?" I questioned as I dropped my fork immediately losing my appetite.

Mom was really concerned about her status in the church to the point where she'll make my life a living hell about it. She was having a mental breakdown to the point where my appearance affected her.

Her eyes narrowed as she carefully placed her fork beside her plate and tilted her head staring right through my soul as if she wanted me to burn.

"Jalisa please, just let Tamia live," Daddy pleaded as he stroked his beard in annoyance until my mom turned her attention towards him shooting him a stern look making him shake his head.

I couldn't blame daddy though; he was always the peacemaker in the house making sure that my mother and I didn't clash at all. It was like most of the days when Trevante used to live in the house, constant arguments between him and mom all the damn time. Even at that time daddy used to try to keep Trevante home but momma was not having it.

"Oh, I'm all serious Tamia. You think it's acceptable to walk around with some random man at the church like some damn jezebel," She spat as my eyes widened.

Jezebel? My mom sure knew how to pick her words when it came to expressing how she felt and it was pissing me off.

"A Jezebel? That's new but to tarnish your daughter's life just for a better position on the church's board is far worse than being a Jezebel," I casually said before removing myself from the table and grabbed my purse.

I grabbed my keys off the hook and checked the time on my watch. I was going to be a whole hour and a half early for class but I wanted to get the hell away from my mom as soon as possible.

"Where do you think you're going?" she hinted as I stopped at the door.

"Class," I dragged.

"Not with my car, oh no," I raised my brow looking over at my dad with pleading eyes. There was no way he was able to do that.

"Jalisa, that is her car," he answered.

"In your name, and she won't drive around with the car we paid a lot of money for, she can take the bus," she argued as I just chuckled.

She was really crazy as hell pulling this damn move like getting around wasn't a damn priority.

Can you pick me up ASAP?

Sent: 8:30am

Raina

Yeah, sure what happened?

Received: 8:30 am

I took the keys throwing it on the coffee table and walked out of the house just pissed. She knew what she was doing because she did it with Trevante. If she wanted to play the game, we can play it.