Prologue

A/N: No copyright intended if any!! Enjoy the Prologue! Thank you! ***WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS ALCOHOL USE, ABUSE, DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, AND SELF-HARM AND THIS MIGHT BE TRIGGERS TO SOME READERS. I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO READ WITH CAUTION. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED**If anything is misspelled or there is something missing please feel free to drop a comment and tell me. I am working on the stories by myself and so if you do end up finding a mistake, comment. It will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Follow

Vote

and all that other Jazz!! Thank you! 

PROLOGUE

I had come to the conclusion that I didn't deal with death real well. That is, after seeing the paramedics wheel my father's body - which they had covered with a thin white sheet - away on a stretcher after he had a heart attack when I was ten. After him get put onto the ambulance and watching it drive away without a glance from the medics, I broke down on the street in my neighborhood. Sobs racked my body, uncontrollably. I had curled in on myself and felt the blood stain into my jeans as I hit hard on the rough pavement when I fell knees. 

Then, two years later, my beautiful mother took her life, overdosing on muscle relaxers. She never healed over my dad's death, even though she remarried. Her death left me to the hands of my abusive step-father, Phillip. Phillip wasn't necessarily always abusive, at least not to my mother, he obviously loved her unconditionally. But, when my mom was working late, and I was left with Phillip, he made me his personal servant, punching bag, and messenger. He finally stopped hitting me when I threatened to call the cops. But, out of fear he'd continue to hurt me, I was always going to be his personal servant and messenger when he needed something.

The worst is when he is drinking. He started drinking at the local bar two weeks after my mother's funeral. He came home drunker than a skunk and he could impress me by tripping and falling all the time, it was horrible. And that's when the name-calling started. Every night he managed to call me a new name. I had begun to think he forgot my actual name, he never used it anymore.

Then, his friends got into it. They came over and start making me their personal servant, too. They copied the names Phillip called me. All except Big Joe. Big Joe is the kindest, always offering to help and never calling me names and always bidding me goodnight before he left. Every time he did so, whether helping me or telling me good night, he would get dirty looks and glares from Phillip.

I like Big Joe, he treats me like a princess, like his daughter. Once when he was over and was helping me, he slipped me a Trac-Phone, which already had his number in it and told me to call if I ever needed anything. I agreed. I called him when Phillip wouldn't come home at night and he'd bring over pizza and soda and we watched TV for hours until he had to leave again.

Sometimes, Big Joe brought me gifts, some just randomly, but my birthday or Christmas he always spent with me. He'd lie to Phillip, saying he had some extra work around his house to be done, when really we go out for pizza and ice cream, and then he and I would transfer gifts. I don't know if Phillip believes Joe but a higher power above must be on my side in some way, because Phillip let's me go. 

I even have my own room at Big Joe's house. I keep thinking he would adopt me and take me away from Phillip. But, he doesn't.

I always have a great time with Big Joe when we spend time together. But, when I go back to Phillip's, reality hits and I know the fun won't last forever. I'm stuck in a never ending hell. 

No, I don't deal with death really well, but I was waiting for the day mine would come.

A/N: Hey!! This is my first ever story and I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Even though this is my first story I am starting to "upload" or whatever, I do have more I am working on so if you want to read more let me know. Tell me what you think of "Prologue." Thank you!! COMMENT, VOTE, LIKE, FOLLOW, and all that other good stuff. And if anything is misspelled or there is something missing please feel free to drop a comment and tell me. I am working on the stories by myself and so if you do end up finding a mistake, comment. It will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Follow

Vote

Song- See You Again by Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth