Chapter 19 - Newly Found Things

Damian's POV

I kiss Jaxon's forehead one more time before I gently slide out of the bed. I cover her with the fallen blanket and tiptoe out of the room, careful not to wake her. She fell asleep five minutes after coming back to her room. I grab my shoes and close the door quietly behind me. I all but run to the front door.

"Where are you going?" my mom's voice sounds.

"Jesus, Momma. You scared me." I saw when I turn around to face her. She is sitting on the couch, still in her work clothes. The TV is on but I know she wasn't watching from the still opened magazine she lays on the coffee table.

"Watch your tongue mister. Now, answer my question."

"You're home early." I try and change the subject.

"Damian Nicholas."

"Fine, fine. I'm going to Jaxon's step dad's house to get Jaxon's things." I awkwardly rub the back of my neck when I answer her.

"So... she's fine with you going?"

"Uh, no."

"Damian, she's going to be ballistic when she finds out." Momma stands up and walks toward me.

"I know. But, please don't tell her. I'll tell her when I get back. I don't want her to try and stop me or yell at me or get mad at me. I seriously think she'll break at one point and I'm super worried about her. I just want what's best for her." I explain.

"You really care about her, don't you?"

I nod and look at my feet.

"Fine, I won't tell her. But, you best come back, you hear?"

I hug her small frame. "Thanks, Momma."

"Go, before I change my mind." She pushes me out the door.

I attach the saddle bag to my motorcycle and kick start it to life. I push off the ground and I ride to Jaxon's stepdad's house. When I get there, I park my bike a few houses down from Phillip's, just in case he sees and recognizes my bike. I grab the saddlebag and one-strap it to Phillip's house. I rejoice in the fact that there isn't a car in the driveway, but still, I jump over the gate and climb the tree reaches the roof. I look into the windows to see which one is Jaxon's.

The last window I look in has purple curtains with Hawaiian looking flowers on them and I assume that's Jaxon's. I pray that the window is open, but when I try sliding it up, it doesn't move, and I curse under my breath.

"Dammit."

I think of an alternative plan. I climb down the tree again and I go around to the front of the house. I hurry with my plan because Phillip could be home anytime and I wouldn't want to get caught. I look under the welcome mat. I look in the bushes. I look in the garden. I even look under the freaking gnome in the yard. I curse again when I can't find a spare key. I sit on the front step and pinch the bridge of my nose. I stare at the rocks that are in the garden and I notice one that doesn't look quite like real rock, but rather, it looks plastic. I pick it up and on the bottom side of it is the spare key.

I jump up and unlock the door and then I place the spare key back where I found it. Once inside I lock the door behind me. I quickly jog up the stairs and walk into Jaxon's room. I search through her drawers and hope she's not madder at me for this.

The top drawer has her socks, bras, and panties and I just grab a handful of pairs of socks and a few bras and a handful of her under wear and shove it into the bag. The next drawer has her pajamas and I grab a few sleep shorts and some long pants and some of the sleep shirts that were in there, also. The next drawer has skirts and shorts, but a lot of them still have the tags on them. I shove them in the bag anyway. The next and also last drawer is the jeans and I grab them and shove them in the bag. By the time I get the last pair of pants in the bag, I notice there isn't much room in my saddlebag, so I look around her room for another small bag that I'm able to put her shirts in and I'll be able to attach to my bike.

I find a bunch of bags under the bed and grab one that looks right for the job. I open her closet and I start grabbing shirts off the hangers and shove them in the bag. Once her closet looks almost empty, I go to the bathroom and grab her bathroom necessities and cram everything in the bag. I open the drawer and see broken hand-held pencil sharpeners and this confuses me until I open the medicine cabinet and see the razors from them. I realize what they are for and I feel a wave of sadness wash over me. I gently close the cabinet. 

I look around to see if I need to grab anything else and the front door opens. I freeze as my lungs jump up my throat and I rush quietly to Jaxon's room.

"Jaxon! I'm home. Where's dinner?" he shouts.

I hear footstep's come up the stairs as I grab the saddlebag and sling it over my shoulder. I make my way to the window and slide it open and jump out onto the roof. I try to close the window, but I only get it half way shut before Jaxon's bedroom door slams open and I hear Phillip come in. "Jaxon?" he calls.

"She's not here." He says. Is he talking to himself? I think to myself.

"No, I mean, she's not here like she's not in the damn house, John." He says. The silence makes me realize he's on the phone.

"I don't know, but her closet is empty and her drawers are too. Her school bag isn't here either." He says.

There is a moment of silence again.

"I don't know where she could've gone. I know the bitch doesn't have any friends."

Silence as this John guy answers.

"No, I whooped her good when I found out Joe was here. I don't think she'd be with him so soon after the beating I gave her." The bastard actually chuckles and it takes all of my restraint to not go in there again and beat the ever living crap out of him.

"Yeah, sure, maybe she left a note." He says and I hear his footsteps retreat. After I'm sure he's out of her room, I climb back down the tree and jump the fence once again and run to my bike.

I strap the bags down tight and make sure they're set so they don't open when I ride back. I kick the bike to life once again and ride back to my Jaxon.

A/N: I don't know how well this chapter is because I'm not very good at writing in Damian's POV. Sooo, tell me whatcha think? Thank you ((:

Xoxo, Daniella Nicole