Epilogue

Jaxon's POV

A couple days after the incident with Phillip, I was released from the hospital. I was told I have to wear a sling for a couple month to prohibit movement for my arm so the stitches wouldn't tear and the wound would heal right. I'm going to have another scar.

After my discharge papers all taken care of, Damian takes me back to his house. Big Joe follows behind like an over protective shadow. I don't mind though. I might as well get used to it because I'm sure it'll be like this for a while.

Thanks to Damian, most of my clothes were already packed. I'm still a little angry he went to that place against my better wishes but I forgave him.

It takes me a couple days to get set up in Joe's house. The day of the court date came way too quickly and Damian, his siblings, and his mom waited in the main hall for it to be finished. Joe had to tell his side of the story and I had to tell mine. When Phillip made it to the stand he bullshitted his way through it and told me and the jury how much he loved and cared for me and I was making it all up. He told them that I shot myself in the shoulder to add 'proof.' The judge saw right through him, of course.

He was sentenced for a long, long time in prison. I would've heard the exact time but my ears were ringing and my body was instantly filled with relief. I'm never going to see him again.

As Phillip was being pulled out he struggled and yelled harsh names and profanities my way and at Joe. Joe flipped him the bird. I couldn't let him leave without me saying my piece.

I asked to speak to him, the officers obliged but kept him a distance away. As I walked to the podium in front of him, I thought about all the things I would say to him. I would tell him how much I hated him and how I'm so happy he is going to be out of my life forever. But as I got up to the podium, all that came out was, "I forgive you." And I smiled. The look on Phillip's face made the moment even better. Until he went back to struggling and yelling at me.

I turned away and grabbed Joe's hand and I pulled him out of the court room.

"'I forgive you?'" he looks at me. I just nod. "I hate him and I wish I could beat him to a pulp, but I guess going to prison will work for now." He says. I smile. I smile a real smile for the first time in forever, although i feel every muscle stretch because I still have bruises on my face from Phillip and being hit with the gun.

A week later I find myself returning to school. Only this time, I'm not covered up with long sleeves and a hoodie. Damian is by my side. He hasn't let go of my hand since Joe and I picked him up from his house.

As soon as we walk through the door, everyone turns our way and the hallways become silent. I suddenly feel the need to run away. Damian must have noticed because he just pulls me tighter to his side and helps me walk alongside him right down the middle of the hallway. The sea of people just part to either side and continue to stare.

"Is this what Moses felt like when he parted the Red Sea?" Damian whispers in my ear and I giggle.

The first bell rings to start the day and most of the students head to their classes. A few are still staring, but are quickly ushered off by the principal who notices the situation. I feel relieved when everyone stops staring. The relief disappears as soon as I see Angeline stomping towards us.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL, DAMIAN!" she shouts and throws her hands in the air. "You just disappear for almost 2 weeks and you come waltzing back in here with- with her?!" She points a pink, manicured finger at me.

"Looks that way, huh?" he says and pulls us past her.

We don't get very far before she grabs him by the shoulder and pulls him to face her. "I will not have you walking around with her. Everyone is seeing it. It's like you're taking care of a charity case. I get what happened with her dad sucks." I flinch at that part. I almost forgot they told the story on the news. "But come on, Damian, this charity case has gone on long enough. You've played hero. Now you can come back to me." She purrs out the last part.

I look at Damian, but he isn't looking at me. He gently grabs Angeline's hand and drops it at her side. Angeline's eyes go from innocent to fiery. "I'm going to tell you one last time, Angeline. Leave. Me. Alone."

She looks at me for the first time since approaching us. "You did this. You manipulated him somehow. He was fine until you finally showed interest. Until poor, poor, Jaxon cried for help. You made him like this. You will never be good enough for him. You will never, ever deserve him, bitch."

Before I knew what I was doing, I sucker punch, Angeline. Right into her pretty, but fake, nose. Blood immediately starts dripping from her face and she screams.

"Stay the hell away from me, Angeline." I seethe through clenched teeth. I turn on my heel and walk briskly down the hallway.

"That was a good one," Damian says right in my ear. "I didn't know you had that in you."

"I'm tired of being looked at like a 'charity case'." I shrug simply.

"That's my girl," Damian says and kisses my hair.

A/N: Okay guys! That's the official end of Missing Wings. I did go back into the last couple of chapters and changed and added a few things because it seemed to be a little rushed to even myself. So, of course, I had to fix that. I hope you guys enjoyed Missing Wings and I'm excited to have officially finished my first book! Don't forget to vote, comment and share with your friends! Thank you guys all so so much!

Much love, xoxo,

Daniella Nicole.