Chapter 22 - All Sorts of Uh-Ohs

A/N: just a heads up, for this chapter I don't know if everything is accurate.

Damian POV

I didn't even know Jaxon left until the twins came in after their show, for their bedtime. I walked to her room to apologize. I knocked 3 times and when there wasn't an answer, I twisted the knob to find that is was unlocked, and there wasn't a Jaxon in the room.

"Where's Jaxon?" I asked the twins. Duke shrugs and looks at Delilah.

"She left." She answers nonchalantly.

"What do you mean she left?" I say in a panicked voice. I guess Delilah picked up on it because she shrugs and shakes her head sadly.

I grab the keys to my bike and just drive, looking for any sign that she could've gone. Who knows how long she could've been gone. Worried, even more, I make my way to the police station, hoping they can do something to help me find her.

(A/N WARNING.)

"Excuse me," I say to the officer at the front desk.

"Yes?" she says.

"My girlfriend is missing and I was wondering if you could help me find her, please?" I beg. She types more on her computer. "How long has she been missing, sir?"

"Uh," I estimate, "A couple hours, maybe?"

"I'm sorry, sir, but I can't do anything unless it's been 24-32 hours." She looks up at me from behind her glasses. "Again, I'm sorry."

"Officer, please, you don't understand. She's could be in trouble."

"Do you have any proof as to why you believe she's in trouble?"

"Her-her dad, um, stepdad. He hits her and abuses her. And I think he may have her. I think he'll hurt her again."

"Let me get another officer, sir." She says and she goes back into the station more. A few minutes later she comes back flanked by two more officers.

"You can come with us, sir." The officer on the left says.

I nod and get up and wipe non-existent dirt from my jeans and I follow them back further into the station.

"Sit." The officer from before commands. I oblige.

"I'm Officer Rodríguez," the left officer says. "And this is Officer Moore. Now, can you tell us what you told Officer Dorinda?"

"I have reasons to believe that my girlfriend is in trouble."

"How so?" Officer Moore says while the other takes notes.

"We had an argument and afterward, my siblings saw her walk out and she's been gone ever since."

"How long ago was this?" Rodriguez says.

"About three or four hours now. But she doesn't have a car or anything."

"Do you know which way she went?" Rodriguez asks.

I shake my head, "She is staying with my family because her stepdad hits her. She doesn't know her way around Augusta."

"Why do you think she is in trouble, sir?" Moore asks.

"She could've gotten lost or my worst fear is that her stepdad could've to gotten her. I mean the man is freaking crazy." I say.

"Do you have her number? We can get Officer Jameson to track it."

I nod and take out my cell.

"Jameson! Get in here!" Moore yells into the station.

"What's up?" Officer Jameson says when he comes up behind me.

"We have a kid here, whose girlfriend is missing and we need you to track her phone."

"Alright, you can come with me." Officer Jameson says. He takes my phone and hooks it up to a machine.

"This is going to show the coordinates your girlfriend is at and if she moves so will the dot. Now what you're going to do is just call her and have a normal conversation. The machine needs time to track. If you tip her off to what you're up to and she turns off her phone we have no idea to where she's at. Sound good?" Jameson explains.

I nod.

"Say, you look familiar, what's your name?" He asks.

"Damian Hedrick."

"I'm John." He puts out his hand.

I freeze. "Uh, you don't know anyone by the name of Phillip, do you?"

"Yeah, he's my best friend. How do you know him?"

"I'm dating his stepdaughter," I say.

"Y-you, you what?" Something in his eyes changes and he reaches for his gun.