Chapter 10 - Baby, You Drive Me Crazy

***WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS ALCOHOL USE, ABUSE, DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, AND SELF-HARM AND THIS MIGHT BE TRIGGERS TO SOME READERS. I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO READ WITH CAUTION. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED**

Jaxon's POV

I walk into Literature, before anyone but a couple kids and go sit down in my seat. More people start filing in and Ms. Sony writes today's lesson on the board. The bell rings and only two seats are empty; Angeline's and Damian's. A few minutes later, they come in and Angeline is cackling like a hyena.

"Late again in the two days of school are we, Mister Hedrick? Miss Moore?" Ms. Sony questions.

"Yeah, well we got caught up in the hallway." Damian smirks and Angeline giggles like a lovesick, school girl.

"Swapping spit while dry humping, no doubt," I mutter, only louder than I thought. Everyone looks at me. Crap. Angeline's eyes glare daggers at me and Damian looks down, ashamed while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Excuse me, hun, but who asked you?" Angeline squawks out.

"Just take your seats. If you are late again, I will be forced to give you detention." Ms. Sony threatens. I look back at my notebook as Angeline and Damian make their way to their seats.

I look up as Angeline's chair screeches against the tile. Then, while glancing at me from the corner of her eye, she motions for Damian to come closer. When he leans in, she grabs him by the neck and forces his lips on hers, straight into a messy, slobbery kiss. Hoots and hollers fill the classroom, whereas I'm feeling sick to my stomach.

"That's quite enough!" Ms. Sony calls out and Angeline pushes Damian away. She turns to look at me. She smirks and winks in my direction.

"Why don't you just screw him on the desk?" I snap at her louder than intended. Angeline's face gets red and she says, "You're just jealous because he wants me and not a freak like you. What's under the hood, anyway? Afraid to show your hideous face?"

"THAT IS ENOUGH!" Ms. Sony yells. "You two: detention after school. And Miss Jaxon, please take off your hood."

I gulp. "I-I-I, uh," I stutter.

"Would you like two days' worth?"

I shake my head and slowly reach up to tug my hood off. When it falls down my shoulders, I hear gasps from everyone around the room. I see Damian visibly wince from the corner of my eye. I hear Angeline yell, "I knew it! You are ugly!"

"Angeline, that's another two days of detention!" Ms. Sony says. Her eyes soften and become sympathetic as she looks at my face. "Would you like to go to the nurse?" I nod. I put my hood back up, gather my things and rush out of the room.

I make my way down the hallway and try fighting the tears. "Jaxon, wait!" I hear someone yell behind me. When I turn around, I see Damian. I turn around and continue to the nurse, or a nearby hole to crawl into and never come out of. "Wait!" He says and I hear his pace quicken and he is closer. "Jaxon." He says and he grabs my arm, I yelp and drop my books. He drops my arm, "I-I, sorry." He says quietly.

I bend down and pick up my books. "What do you want, Damian?" I snap.

"I'm going to take you to the nurse."

"Thanks, but no thanks. I'm perfectly capable to walk." I grab the last book and make a beeline for my locker. When I get there, I throw my books in and then I lock it back up. Damian is still following me around.

"What about now?" he says as he sweeps me off my feet. Literally. He starts carrying me down the hallway, bridal style. "Yes, even now!" I say as I slap at his chest.

"Are you really that mad at me for a small kiss from Angeline?" he asks.

"Funny, I didn't think shoving each other's tongues down each other's throats was a small kiss." I retort sarcastically.

"And how would you know?" he bites.

Ouch. "Wow."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. And I only wanted to make you jealous. I didn't want you to hate me." He whispers the last part.

I sigh. "I don't hate you. But, why make me jealous?"

"Because I'm interested in you. You're the only girl that doesn't trip and fall over herself to make me notice you." He leans in and I can feel his breath on my face. Is he going to kiss me? God, do I want him to kiss me? I lean away from him. No, I can't let him in. He sighs and straightens as he walks out of the building.

"Uh, where are you going?" I ask as I start to wiggle again.

"I'm taking you to my mom." He says calmly.

"What? No!" I say starting to panic.

"It's okay, she'll know how to make the swelling go down." He says staring at me intently. "I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you," he promises. Gosh, if only he knew. Damian reaches his bike and sets me on it. "This is gonna be a little uncomfortable on the side of your face, love." He says as he carefully puts a helmet on me. I bite my lip to keep from crying out when the helmet bumps my face. "Sorry." He whispers. I feel pressure on the top of the helmet for just a millisecond. Damian kissed the top of the helmet, and then gets on the bike and starts it.

"You might want to hold on." He says over his shoulder. I want to hit him. Cocky bastard. I wrap my arms around his waist as he pushes off the ground and we are on our way to visit his mom.

The picture at the top is Angeline.