Chapter 16 - Don't Wake Me Up

A/N: ***WARNING*** the beginning of this chapter is a trigger warning. ***WARNING******WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS ALCOHOL USE, ABUSE, DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, AND SELF-HARM AND THIS MIGHT BE TRIGGERS TO SOME READERS. I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO READ WITH CAUTION. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED***

Jaxon's POV

"Jaxon! "A voice booms as a very angry Phillip comes bursting through my bedroom door. "Where are my leftovers from the other night out with the guys?"

"Uh-uh..." I stutter. "Y-you went out with the guys last weekend and the contain-container was taking up s-space and the food had gone bad, so I-I threw it out." I stutter uncontrollably.

"I told you not to! You never throw out my stuff. Ever." He seethes. "First you spilled coffee on my work clothes this morning. Then, it was my dry-cleaning order you messed up to get the damn stuff out. Now, this. Did you lose your brain, or are you just as stupid as you look?"

"I-I..." I stutter, searching for an answer.

"That deserves an answer, you bitch." His voice rises, impatiently. Then he stomps to my bed and yanks me out by my hair, literally. I scream in pain. He drags me over to the stairs and throws me down. I fall into a heap on the bottom floor, trying to remember how to breathe.

I finally catch my breath when I am pulled up by my hair again.

"Please, stop." I cry out.

He throws me near the fire place and grabs the rod that pushes the coals around out of the flame. He pushes up my shirt and presses the white hot metal against my back. I scream. The heat leaves my back and I sigh in relief. But it lasts for less than a second before the metal presses against my flesh, again. I cry out and beg for him to stop.

"Don't touch my shit, you worthless piece of nothing!" he yells insults at me. "Do you understand me, Jaxon?"

"Jaxon!"

"Jaxon, wake up. Wake up!"

I bolt upright. I look around and see the warm beige walls of the guest room. Damian sits on the bed, next to me. His eyes are wide and filled with worry. My eyes brim with tears. I put my head into my hands and start sobbing. Damian pulls me into his lap and rocks me soothingly. "It was just a dream, Jaxon."

I cry even harder into his shoulder. I shake my head vigorously.

"What do you mean 'no'?"

"It wasn't just a dream. It was a memory. But a thousand times worse. It's like I could feel the pain all over again."

"What do you mean? What happened?" he asks pulling me flush against his chest.

I pull away from him and get up from the bed. I close the door the Damian had left open. I pace around the room for about a minute contemplating whether I should tell Damian or not.

"Jaxon." He says. "Tell me."

I stand in front of him. I turn my back to him and lift the shirt and expose my back to him. I hear him suck in a sharp breath. Then I feel his hands on the rough, branded flesh. I gasp lightly. He spins me around so I'm facing him.

"I'll kill him." He spits angrily.

"That's not going to change anything. All the scars he made, they're not going away. All the pain he inflicted on me, I'll always remember. Sometimes relive. But, you know what?"

He looks up at me. "What?"

"It's going to be okay. Cause I'm here, and you can protect me." I say trying to comfort him. As he stares at me, I start to run my fingers through his hair.

He stands up and looks at me. He pulls me against his chest and looks into my eyes, searching my eyes for something. I nod my head at his unsaid question. Damian grabs both sides of my head and brings his lips gently down on mine, pulling me into a tender, sweet kiss.

A/N: All I can say is "F.I.N.A.L.L.Y."!! I need some 'ship' names. Comment!!