08 | 2 am

His phone emitted a high-pitched sound, distracting him from his thoughts.

"Ah screw it!" Taehyung muttered as he took his device to see what time it was. "2 am.. damn it" he rubbed his eyes and blinked a few times as he realized he would have looked like a sleep-deprived zombie in the morning.

He really couldn't sleep that night: his mind kept getting back at his conversation with Kookie, recalling every word they exchanged. That boy was a misunderstood artist just like him and they actually had more things in common than he could possibly imagine, despite Jungkook being a spoiled rich kid and him just a broke painter.

But still, there was an undeniable connection between the two of them...

Yeontan jumped on the bed and went sitting on his chest, wiggling his little paws in the air as a way to catch his attention. "We can't play now, Tannie.. go back to sleep" he pet the dog's head and let stay on the bed but didn't engage in any game. At that point he suddenly remembered about the sound he heard earlier, so he checked out the notifications and widened his eyes as he read the content of the message he received.

 At that point he suddenly remembered about the sound he heard earlier, so he checked out the notifications and widened his eyes as he read the content of the message he received

He gulped and placed a hand on his burning forehead to collect himself for a moment.

Was he supposed to answer?
Probably not.

Was he dying to text him back?
Definitely yes.

Although he wasn't gonna do it just yet, first he had to confront Jimin. Yeah, cause ever since that little.. thing had given Jungkook his number without permission, he still hadn't had the chance to tell him that was not ok. And although it was late at night and he would have probably ignored the text, it didn't hurt to try.

Direct Messages

Taehyung
yo, Jimin-ah

Jimin
eh? what are you doing up so late??!

Taehyung
I could ask you the same thing 😏

Jimin
whatever
anyway, what's wrong?

Taehyung
what's wrong is that you gave Jungkook my number and you never asked my permission

Jimin
.. are you mad? 😯

Taehyung
of course i'm mad!! you don't just go
around and give strangers my phone number 😡

Jimin
wait.. i thought you guys
were friends by now

Taehyung
excuse me?

Jimin
Jungkook told me you guys are texting
and that you're getting closer

Taehyung
😨😨😨
this guy..
sorry I gotta go