Chapter 11. Pajamas To Rodeo Queen

"Dallas, there is nothing wrong with helping him," Helen insisted. We sat at the table, drinking our tea.

"Helen, when he finds out what I did, he is going to kill me," I told her.

"Oh, come on. I'm sure he will appreciate it and come around," she said.

"I wish he was as understanding as you are. You don't know him like I do. Trust me; he's not going to be happy–"

A knock on the front door interrupted me.

"I'll get it," I sighed.

Before I could reach the door, I stopped. Lyle stood there with it open.

"What's going on?" I asked, confused.

River, Beau, David, Jordan, Liz, and a couple of other girls I hadn't met before piled into the house.

River bit his lip and tried not to smile.

"I'm babysitting," Helen said. Helen smiled as she strode down the hall.

Liz and Jordan sat Xavier and Annabelle down on their feet.

Lyle smiled widely at Xavier and Annabelle. "Cool. Mommy, are they staying with us?" Lyle asked me.

"Come on, Dallas," Liz said. Liz pulled me toward the stairs. The girls I had never met followed us. "Give us like fifteen minutes," Liz called over her shoulder to the boys.

"Wait! I never agreed to this!" I huffed in irritation.

"Tough. We're going out to check out this new band at The Owl," Liz growled at me.

"Ugh," I groaned.

Liz, pull me to my room. She raided my closet.

"Can't I pick my own outfit?" I asked.

All three girls gave me a dubious look.

"Oh, sorry, this is Laura and Mandy," Liz introduced. "Laura moved here a couple of months after you left. Mandy has been here for two years."

Mandy had blue eyes and blond hair. Her skin was a soft cream color. Her blue outfit nearly matched her eyes.

Laura had burgundy hair that wasn't natural. Laura's eyes were brown. Her skin was tan. She was thin and taller than the rest of us.

Both girls were about my age and beautiful.

"Oh. Nice to meet you," I said.

"We've heard so much about you," Laura said. Her smile seemed genuine. "I've been dating Beau for about three years."

"Wow. Is it serious?" I asked.

Laura rolled her eyes. "We go on and off a lot," she admitted. "Hopefully, things work out this time."

"Beau can be hard to deal with," I said and chuckled.

Laura nodded in agreement.

I looked at Mandy curiously. "So, are you dating David?"

"For a year," Mandy said.

Liz found me a black skirt with a matching black tank top. I hadn't worn it before. It was one of my new outfits. Liz tossed me my leather jacket and my black cowboy boots that had four-inch heels. I grabbed my black cowboy hat.