Ch. 29

*Rosario's POV

"The plan is in effect." Cesar hung up the phone. "Whats that?" Cesar asked as I tossed the red duffle bag on Oscar's car.

Oscar opened up the bag and flipped through a stack of cash. "Another 150 grand from your boys which I'm gonna keep." Oscar said flatly and shut the bag. "Getting all that clean cash gave me the idea that we can lay off more of the dirty money with the Prophets."

Cesar looked back and forth at Oscar and I. "No ones gonna believe a kid like me would stumble in with 200 Gs strapped to him"

"You won't have to." I tossed a bag of money at Cesar. "You handle this 50, and your brother and I will handle the rest."

"You guys?" He looked at me confused.

"Cuchillos is calling the Prophets' OG. He's setting up a meeting for us." Oscar informed him. "So we'll be there buying your protection while you're there ratting us out." Cesar slowly nodded understanding. "We'll get the heat off of you, maybe take a few of them down with the dirty money."

"You think it'll work?"

"It has to." I responded before Oscar could. "Or we're all dead." I looked at Oscar.

Oscar nodded knowingly, "You good?" He looked at his brother who still seemed a bit nervous.

"Okay," I exhaled. "The Prophets aren't going to take themselves down. So let's just get this shit over with." I tossed the tape at Oscar.

After Oscar taped the cash to Cesar and after going over the plan one more time it was now time for us to part ways.

"You be careful alright?" I looked at Cesar. "We'll be right there on the other side." Cesar nodded. I bit my lip. "I love you Cesar."

"I love you too Rosario." I took in a shaky breath. "Come here fool." I brought Cesar down and hugged him tight. "You know what to do if shit hits the fan." I whispered. Cesar pulled away nodding.

"We gotta go." Oscar spoke up. "Good luck, mano." Oscar nodded.

Oscar and I both got on his car as Cesar began to walk away from us. "Hey," Oscar placed his arm over the seat. "It's going to be fine."

"I sure fucking hope you're right." I exhaled pulling on my seatbelt to buckle myself in.

The car ride was pretty quiet as Oscar drove out of Santos territory. "I can't believe you still have that." Oscar broke the silence.

"What?" I looked down at myself. "This?" I brought my hand up to the silver cross necklace. "What about it?"

"Just haven't seen you wear it is all." He shrugged with his eyes still on the road. "Thought you might've lost it after all these years."

"I would never." I said softly as I still looked down at my necklace. "Besides." I smiled in his direction. "It goes with my bracelets." I extended my arm out that had the bracelet he had given me days after my birthday and the one my dad gave me when I was younger. "Don't you think?"

 "Don't you think?"