Ch. 28

*Rosario's POV

"Hey..." I breathed in the cool night air as I walked along the back driveway to find Oscar working on his car. "You didn't wake me." I crossed my arms together as he still looked under his hood. It was fucking cold out here and this dude was out here with a fucking tank top on. I currently had on one of his many dark flannels on as I stood next to him.

"You looked peaceful." He shrugged. "Figured not to wake you."

After Oscar insisted that he was going to lay with me, we both ended up falling asleep right next to each other. But I guess he had woken up way before me.

"How long ago did you wake up?" I asked as I leaned against the car.

"A few hours ago." He wiped his dirty hands with a napkin. He walked over to me and stood right in front of me. "How do you feel?"

"I'm fine."

"Yeah," he placed his hands on the small of my back and looked down at me.

"Mhmm." I hummed I brought his hands to the back of his neck.

"I know something else that'll make you feel better." He whispered.

I smiled up at him. "Oh yeah? Like what?" I teased.

Next thing I knew he closed the space between us by kissing me. As we were kissing I felt his hands trail down to my butt and give me a soft squeeze.

"Oscar," I closed my eyes and moaned out as he kissed my neck.

Why the fuck is he so tense?

He immediately stopped kissing me.

"Oscar que tie-"

He grabbed his gun and quickly turned around blocking me.

"Get out of here." He put the gun in his waist band and moved out of my way.

"Cesar." I whispered.

"I need protection." Cesar panted putting his arms down.

"You came to the wrong place." Oscar turned around and looked back at his car as if that was something much important right now.

"I found Latrelle." Cesar grabbed Oscar's attention. "I went to go finish the job."

"And?" Oscar raised an eyebrow at Cesar.

"The gun jammed." Cesar said disappointedly looking at the ground.

"You're oh for two." Oscar turned around in disappointment. "Ain't gonna be number three."

"Oscar," I whispered trying to talk some sense into him.

"Go." He told Cesar completely ignoring me.

"Where?!" Cesar yelled. "I have nowhere to go!"

"Not my problem." Oscar gritted.

"Not your problem?!" Cesar asked his brother in disbelief.

"There's nothing I can do for you." Oscar stood up straight. "It's not just about you anymore." He responded. "Everyone you care about is in jeopardy if you stay, so leave." He told Cesar with his back turned to him. "And don't come back."

Cesar held his head down and turned around walking away.

"Cesar wai-"

"Don't." Oscar grabbed my wrist.

"You know what, Oscar?" Cesar came back. "You should've handled this for me." Oscar finally turned around. "You're not just my big brother. You're my big homie."

Oscar let go of me and walked right up to his brother. "Shut the hell up." Oscar warned.

"You could've taken out Latrelle. But instead, you sent me!" Cesar got in his face. "You sent me to do it!" He shoved Oscar back in anger.

"Hey!" Oscar yelled grabbing a hold of Cesar.

"Oscar!" I yelled grabbing onto Oscar's arm crying.

"Do you know what the hell you did? How badly you messed up?" He yelled in Cesar's face but Cesar looked away crying. "You put me in an impossible situation with Cuchillos and Muerte. Because of you she had to face the consequences."

"Oscar, please." I cried. "Déjalo en paz. Just please let him go." I begged.

"I don't know what to do." Cesar quickly hugged his brother. "Please," he pleaded.

My heart broke as I saw Cesar completely devastated. I wanted to just hold him and tell him that everything was going to be alright but it was never going to happen. He was just 15 and his life had already took a turn for the worse. I was disappointed in myself because I let it get this far. Because I couldn't protect him from all this like I had hoped to.

Cesar wasn't cut out for this life.

Hell I wasn't cut out for this life but I managed.

But Cesar....

-

"Ugh..." I smacked my lips turning in bed again.

Over the last few days the sharp pains went away and now all that was left was bruises and a few healing cuts.

"Oh my god." I whispered turning again.

"If you keep moving I'm going to have to kill you." Oscar said in a tired voice. "What's wrong?" He turned and faced me.

What's wrong? Is this fool really asking me what's wrong?

"Everything," I exclaimed sitting up in bed.

Oscar sighed and sat up too.

"Rosario we went over this a bunch of times..." he rubbed his head. "It'll be fine. We already got the blessing from Cuchillos."

"But just the thought of Cesa-"

"Rosario, por favor." Oscar's patience was wearing thin. "He'll be fine. We'll be there just incase."

"I don't know Oscar." I fumbled with my hands.

Something just didn't feel right.

"Hey," Oscar whispered placing his hands on top of mine. "Everything's going to be fine." The light from outside reflected off oh his face. "I promise."

I let out an uneasy breath. "Okay." I nodded.

"Good," Oscar relaxed a bit. "Now let's get some sleep," he laid back down and pulled me down with him. "We have shit to do tomorrow." He put his arm around me as I cuddled into his side still with an uneasy mind.

"Oscar?" I looked up at him as I played with his cross necklace.

Oscar opened up one eye and looked at me. "What?"

"I love you."

—-

A/N: Rosario said the L word!! Holy crap. Anyways I want to explain something for a bit. So as you guys might have read I didn't really get into Rosario's and Oscar's past life together but that's for a reason. I wanted to create a story where they're at currently and sort of with the storyline of OMB. And then sort of create another book of how they met and shit and then one in the future (possibly). Does that make sense? I don't know tell me what y'all think. Y'all hate it? Like it?? Idk?

Comment. Vote.

Thanks for reading.