Ch. 2

*Rosario's POV

"Okay! Don't worry, girl!" I watched as Jamal yelled out. "I got your back from right here," he pointed to where he was standing.

After showering and going to sleep for a bit I decided to get out of the house. I mean I already knew word had got around about me being here.

"What's going on over there?"

"Ahhh! Oh god," Jamal breathed out holding his chest. "It's just you."

"I need to talk to you," Monse stood directly in front of Cesar.

"There's a sitch between Monse and Cesar." Jamal explained.

"I'm listening," Cesar said without a care in the world.

"Privately?"

"Yeah, we can go inside." Cesar spoke up which made Oscar clear his throat. "But if you wanna sit on my face, you got to put that mouth on pause so I can concentrate," everyone Oooed and laughed at Cesar's comment. I watched as Monse turned away in embarrassment and anger.

"Walk her home," I told Jamal as I made my way over across the street.

"Ayyee, look what we have here." A younger Santos whistled as I walked up to the house. "She a fine ass hyna too."

"Watch it, foo." I heard Sad Eyes tell the youngster and hit his arm. "She's been clai.." Sad Eyes looked at me. "She has a vato already."

"You and me," I pointed to Cesar. "We're having a talk later." Cesar didn't say anything. "Te estoy hablando," I raised my voice. I never raised my voice at Cesar but he was acting so stupid right now. "Me estás escuchando?" He was acting as if he didn't hear anything.

"Cesar." Oscar called out and nodded his head.

"Yeah, I heard you." I glared at Cesar.

"No te pasas de pendejo, mano." I told him. "And next time respond when I'm talking to you," I slapped him in the back of the head.

"And you!" I pointed to the Santo who was catcalling me. "Call me a hyna one more time and te rompo la boca." I threatened.

"Man," he groaned out. "I don't know who you think you are bitch." He got up from the black crate he was sitting on.

"Aye," Sad Eyes got up and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I wouldn't do that if I were you, carnal." Sad Eyes laughed. "That's Muerte you're disrespecting." The boy's face flushed as soon as Sad Eyes said that.

"Muerte, I'm so-"

"I need to talk to you," I looked up at the porch where Oscar stood not bothering with that dumbass' sorry excuse of an apology.

"I'll be right back, homes. I got some business I gotta handle." And there it was. His snarky remark.

"Fo sho, foo. Go handle your business." Sleepy smirked.

"Watch over Cesar." Oscar told the gang. I rolled my eyes and walked up the porch steps and followed Oscar into his house.

"What the hell were you thinking," I pushed him as we entered the kitchen making sure no one saw. "Letting Cesar join the damn gang."

"You better watch yourself," he threatened.

"Que estabas pensando?" I asked him again.

"It's his time."

"He's just a boy, Oscar!" I yelled.

"This is the last time I'm telling you," he got in my face. "You better watch yourself," he gritted.