Ch. 3

*Rosario's POV

Somehow Oscar had convinced me to stay over and hang out with the rest of the gang. It was dark already and everyone from earlier was still here. They were either drunk, high, or like most... crossfaded.

I sat on the ledge of the porch next to Oscar who was smoking a joint. Oscar offered me the joint but I declined.

"Since when do you turn down a chance to get lit?"

"Since I need to find a new damn job." I muttered trying not to think about my mom again. 

I had called her earlier that I was going to spend the day with the Santos. And of course her being her usual self, she asked if I was with Oscar.

"Don't worry," he nudged me. "I said I gotchu, didn't I?" He held out the joint for me to grab.

One hit won't hurt.

I grabbed the joint from him.

"You little bitch!" Monse pushed Cesar off his skateboard.

"Ow," Monse got on top of Cesar and began to hit him.

"Damn, that hyna's wild." The guys laughed.

"Must be a freak on all fours." They commented.

"I fought for you," Monse continued to hit him. "I had your back," she spat. "For what? For you to impress your puto friends and humiliate me?"

"Tell your bitch to keep that bark down." One of the Santos men called out.

"Hermanito, you better back up before you get smacked up." Oscar called out chuckling.

"Shut up, puto." Monse yelled back.

"Monse!" I yelled out hopping off the ledge of the porch.

"Hey, watch it now." Oscar told Monse.

"Take your ass home, now!" I yelled at her pulling her off of Cesar.

"Or what?," she yelled in my face. "You gonna put a green light on me."

"Monse," Ruby and Jamal pushed passed the Santos and came to grab her.

"This is why we didn't wanna tell you!" Ruby yelled.

"Cause you're going crazy!" Jamal remarked.

"Crazy? I'm crazy?" She continued to yell.

"Calm down."

"Breathe." The two boys tried to calm her down.

"Don't you patronize me! I don't need you.
Any of you."

"You good, mano?" I asked extending a hand out for Cesar to take.

"Yeah," Cesar grunted as I helped him up.

"I was trying to keep our crew together, but since I'm the only one who cares, you're all dead to me!" Monse shouted.

"I'll survive on my own." We all watched as she went walking home in anger.

"Just some crazy ass hyna." Cesar shrugged like it was no big deal.

"I told you so many times to stay away from those. Bitches be crazy." I joked causing the Santos men to laugh around me. "Go inside the house," I whispered to Cesar.

One thing I couldn't stand about the Santos was there constant need to try and be a tough guy in front of each other. I found it to be stupid and ridiculous. I knew how things were. You couldn't let someone taint you're image, especially a girl.

I knew I had to say something about Monse because if I didn't it would make me look weak. And I wasn't going to have them think that just because I left I went all soft.

Cesar nodded picking up his skateboard and made his way into the house. I followed right behind him.

"Que está pasando Cesar?" I asked as I shut the door to his room. "Why did Monse go all loca on your ass?" I sat down nest to him on his bed.

Cesar hesitated for a moment.

"It's because of something I said." He confessed. "I didn't mean to," he sighed. "But it was for her protection."

"Que dijiste?" I asked.

"I said that me and Monse had sex."

"You and Monse?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"Ye... No. I just... I did it to claim her."

Claim.

The word I hated the most that the Santos men used.

"Before," he stared at me. "Never mind."

"Before que, Cesar?" He avoided my stare. "Cesar I'm talking to you. No me haces enojar."

"When Oscar got out he said he was going to get at her. So I claimed her."

Fucking Oscar.

"I didn't mean to make her mad. I just..."

"You were doing it to protect her. I know." I patted his leg. "But you need to talk to her. So she knows what's going on."

"Thank you," he smiled.

"Anytime." I replied getting up from his bed. "I'll see you later."

"Okay," he nodded his head.

I walked out of his room and began to make my way out the house.

"Aye, where you going?" I heard Oscar call out as I kept walking without even saying goodbye.

"Home." I answered back and made my way across the street and walked a few houses down until I reached my childhood home.

"Hola mija," my mom greeted me as soon as I walked through the door.

"Hey," I sighed tossing my keys onto the coffee table and sitting on the couch right next to her.

"What did you do today?" She asked me as she lowered down the volume of her telenovela.

"Nothing," I shrugged. "Just chilled at Spooky's all day."

"Mhmm..."

"What?"

"Nada. Nada." She put her hands up smiling. "I'm going to go to sleep." She got up from the couch. "Buenas noches, hija." She kissed the top of my head.

"Goodnight. See you tomorrow."

I was about to turn off the tv and head to bed when there was a knock at the door. I shut the tv off and went over to the window. I pushed the curtain to the side and peeked to see who it was.

"Oh my god," I muttered and went to open the door.

"What are you doing here?" I asked crossing my arms.

-

A/N: Comment. Vote.

Thanks for reading.