Ch. 22

*Oscar's POV

"Oscar," she whispered. "Say something, por favor."

I didn't know what to say. I mean what the hell was I supposed to tell her. This was my fault this happened.

"Oscar," she placed her legs on either side of mine and straddled my lap. "Look at me," she put her hand under my chin and made me look at her. "Se lo que piensas. This isn't your fault Oscar. I was under so much stress. With work, my mom in the hospital, the Santos, and wi-"

"With Cesar." I spat feeling nothing but guilt. "You lost the baby because I put you under so much shit."

"No, no, no." She shook her head.

"I should have been there for you. You could have told me." I argued.

"I didn't know." She explained.

"But you could have told me sooner about the miscarriage." I rubbed my head. "Not months later!"

"Oscar," she sighed getting off me and sitting back on the bed where she had been sitting before. "I really don't want to fight with you about this. It happened."

"You act like you don't give a damn!" I yelled at her.

"You've gotta be kidding me," she scoffed. "I do fucking care. I lost a baby, Oscar! This shit hurts!" Her voice cracked at the end. "I blame myself every fucking day," she cried. "If only I had took care of myself," she whispered. "If only I would have known sooner." It was as if she was talking to herself. "I mean it's my fault. I was barely getting any sleep. I wasn't eating. I just thought I missed my period because of the fucking stress. It was m-"

"It wasn't your fault." I sighed pulling her arm so she could lay down next to me. "Like you said we didn't know, Rosie." I sighed leaning back against the headboard as she wrapped her arm around my torso and laid next to me. "And you were growing through so much shit already."

"How did we even let this happen?" She sniffled softly. "I mean we used protection." She exclaimed. "Right?" She looked up at me.

"Yeah." I responded thinking for a second. "Oh fuck."

"Oh fuck, what?"

"The day of the lockdown when we were stuck at Mario's. The bathroom."

She opened her mouth forming an o.

"Rosie?" I asked after a few moments of silence.

"Yeah?"

"Don't keep anything from me anymore."

*Rosario's POV

"I-I.."

"I mean you know I'm into you." I sat up a bit as he moved away from me and pulled open his nightstand. He shut it and laid right next to me. "On your birthday," he pulled out a black box. "I wanted to give you this."

I looked at his hands and back at him.

"Open it." He held it out in front of me.

"Okay." I opened the box. "Oh Oscar," I exclaimed. "It's so beautiful." I pulled out the silver bracelet that had my name in cursive.

^ What it looks like

^ What it looks like. It's just different with color and name obviously.

"I love it." I beamed. "Thank you so much!" I gave him a kiss on the lips.

"Your welcome, baby." He smiled as I unclasped the bracelet from the box and put it on or at least tried to. "Here," he got the two ends of the bracelet. "Let me help you." I couldn't help but smile as he put it on me. "There," he sat back smiling to himself.

"I love... it." I stopped myself. "I love it."

"I'm glad you like it, baby." He kissed my forehead and laid back down. "Now come on," he patted the pillow next to him. "I'm fucking tired and wanna go to sleep."

I chuckled and laid back down next to him with my back facing him.

"If we wanted..." he placed his arm around my waist and pulled me in closer to his body. "We could try again."

I turned my head to face him. "What are you trying to say?"

"All I'm saying is it wouldn't have been so bad if we had the baby."

I turned my body completely around so we were now facing one another.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Maybe we can try again sometime... only when you're ready though." He added the last part. "You know, without the condom..."

"Is that what you want?"

He yawned aloud. "Someday." He smiled softly.

"We should probably get some sleep we can't be all tired if the Prophets decide to do something." Oscar nodded laying on his back.

"Goodnight, Muerte."

I smiled and snuggled more into his side.

"Goodnight, Spooky."

-

"Hey," I followed the smell of my mother's café and went into the kitchen.

"Oscar?" My mother simply asked. I nodded walking over to the counter that had a pink box and opened the lid to find pan dulce. "Necesitamos hablar." I turned around biting into the pink concha.

"Bou' what?" I said with a mouth full of pink deliciousness in my mouth. My mother gave me a look as I sat down at the table across from her. I finished chewing and asked her again. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Cesar." She placed something on the table. "They know he's here."

It was a single bullet.

"Adonde encontraste esto?" I asked picking up the bullet.

"Outside. I was going to water the plants and I found it on the porch."

"They must've left it there when I left this morning." I muttered to myself. "The truce is over," I told my mother.

"What? Qué pasó?"

"It's a long story," I sighed. "But I want you to pack a bag and I'll take you to the safe house."

"Mi-

"I don't want to hear it," I shook my head getting up. "You're going to stay at Highlands just for a little while at least until shit on the block dies down."

"You remind me so much of tu papá," my mother sighed getting up. "The both of you always protecting the ones you love." My mother walked over to me and held my hands.

"And I will do whatever in gods name I have to do to make sure you're safe." My mom gave me a weak smile.

"I'll pack a bag," she let my hands go and walked away.

"Oscar can't know." I turned around. "If he found out..."

"I know."

"And if tío Cuchillos found out..." I bit my lip.

"They won't."

"If Oscar asks, I'll tell him you went to see tía Susana." My mother nodded.

"And what are you going to do with Cesar? He can't stay here anymore mija."

"No te preocupes. I'll figure something out."

—-

A/N: Rosario and Oscar with a baby in the near  future??? I don't know... lol. Can you guys see it??? Anyways what did you think? Any ideas what's going to happen next?

Comment. Vote.

Thanks for reading!