23.

Jaehyun felt like a piece of shit once his brain started to slowly wake him up from the deep sleep, in which he was for the past several hours. Not even the loud noises coming from outside, where it was a normal workday for every person who lived in Tokyo, were loud enough to make the giant boy wake up.

The hangover however hit him harder than those super fast trains he has seen on their way to the hotel, once he tried to open his eyes to realize where he exactly is because he knew very well, that he wasn't laying on his bed back in dorms.

He was feeling the urge to throw up, which he tried so hard to destroy with taking deep breaths and trying to calm his stomach, which enjoyed a wild ride yesterday with all the types of alcohol the boy poured in himself, down. His throat was dry, begging him for anything drinkable and his head was under the massive pain, feeling like it will explode at any minute.

Don't drink kids. That's what Jaehyun would have told you if you got the chance to talk to him at that moment.

"Oh, holly molly..." Even his voice sounded like it belonged to some old smoker with its hoarseness and tendencies to crack whenever he wanted to speak up. The only thing he could hope for was that they were not going to be performing today, or else he wouldn't be able to sing with the condition of his voice.

He knew very well that their vocal coach had told him to never drink or smoke daily, especially not to overdo it the night before some performance, or else, they won't be able to step up on the stage and will have to sit back in the backstage, earning a lesson from the staff members for their naive actions.

"I will never drink again..." He groaned deeply once he turned around to lie on the other side and hopefully find a position, in which he would be able to relax for a bit longer.

He wanted to sleep, he wanted to lie down in his bed and he wanted to go out without people bothering him with cameras. Be normal again, the regular boy like any other, he was before everything happened. Just for a while, so he could take a deep breath and realize what he was doing.

It was a sudden wish from his side, but he was starting to miss, how people weren't paying attention to him. Back then, he was mad that people were never interested in him or worried about him because it was making him feel useless, but now, he would gladly be that unnoticeable boy.

He wanted to put these thoughts into the background and instead of that snuggle to Taeyong, hoping that the leader will cheer him up a bit and maybe even help him to deal with the hangover. Taeyong was just too sweet and kind to people, even when he was supposed to be mad at them. That was his biggest weakness.

And Jaehyun felt a bit bad that he was using that for his good.

"Jaehyun, are you awake? I need to talk to you." The voice of their manager sounded from behind their room's door and stopped Jaehyun from looking around for his boyfriend, who seemed to not be present in their hotel room anymore, which was quite abnormal for him.

"Yeah?" The door opened as soon as Jaehyun briefly answered, trying to clear his throat to not make himself look like he is a victim of a miserable hangover.

On the manager's face, there was a different type of expression – worried, angry, confused – it was hard to tell because it seemed to be everything at once. Jaehyun has indeed never seen this one and he has seen quite many of them since they were putting him into different types of situations every day as a group.

The young boy slowly sat up on his side of the bed and looked at him confusedly, trying to read the reason why he was there from the way he was looking at him. He never visited their room in the morning nor the evening. He was caring and taking his job seriously but he also respected the little piece of privacy they had left.