4.

@leetaeyong just followed you

@taeyongislife just posted a photo:

73 592 likes

@taeyongislife - Not really sure what I have experienced today...

View all 10 645 comments

@yourgayboyhenry - Do you know Taeyong? Why is he following you? What charm did you use?

@taeyongismyeverything - First he just commented and now he is following you? Do you know him?

@smstan - Why is my Oppa following you? You should explain. 

DM
leetaeyong

leetaeyong
I hope you enjoyed the concert.

Jaehyun's cell phone kept announcing new and new notifications every single second ever since he woke up that morning after a concert. It was surprising that his phone was still able to keep up with the number of notifications popping up one after another, without giving it a single minute of well-deserved rest. At one point Jaehyun thought about shutting his phone off completely or deleting the app to stop all of it. People were furiously commenting under every single post on his profile and his DMs were packed with people, who were demanding an official explanation as to why the leader of one of the most popular boy groups in the industry, started following a fan page without any clear reason.

And to be fully honest... Jaehyun needed an explanation too. 

Sitting in one of his university classes and trying to pay attention to the history of music production in the early '80s, the only thought he could possibly think of at that moment was the one of a direct message, which popped up on his profile with a bunch of others when he once again, nervously checked his phone after arriving at the classroom. His obviously uneased eyes were glimpsing from the professor, back to the screen of his phone, not sure where he should direct his attention to first. 

All possible alerts existing in his head were now shrieking at him, making him unable to do anything productive and reasonable, but scream inside his head.

DM
leetaeyong

leetaeyong
I hope you enjoyed the concert.

me
I did.

With shaking and sweating fingers and more than five failed tries, he wrote the two simple words and swiftly locked the mobile phone again, trying to look like he is paying his full attention to the more than boring lecture happening in front of him. Not that he would hate history as a subject, but the substitute professor they got at the beginning of the month, was making even the most thrilling topics be as exciting as house chores with his monotonous tone of voice and a bunch of useless detailed information no one needed to know nor hear.

Surprisingly, he didn't have to wait long for the response to the short and very stern-sounding message he replied with as his mobile phone buzzed a few seconds after the message was delivered and read.

leetaeyong
Glad to hear that. How long do you have this page?

me
2 or 3 years. Don't really remember.

leetaeyong
Do you like me for that long? Wow.
Are you a boy or a girl?

me
You can say it like that. 
Boy.

leetaeyong
Cool. 
Have we met somewhere?

me
Maybe.

leetaeyong
Do you think I would remember you if I know how you look like?

me
Probably not, I am not really that unique or attractive to be easily remembered.
Sorry, I have to go, I have a class to attend.

Jaehyun's class still had at least half an hour left until the successful end, but with his palms sweating and head not thinking straight even a bit (not that he would be in any sort of way), he wasn't able to keep chatting with the idol without messing something up. Especially not when the memories from yesterday's fan meeting were still freshly rooted into his memory and making him blush like crazy every other second. He was already cursing at himself for these stupid short messages he wrote - he would able to write him a whole essay about how amazing of a person and inspiration he is if he would have a chance and wasn't shy.

"Would he remembered me?" He couldn't help but think about the question he was asked. 

The boy repeatedly remembered the last evening when he was sitting in front of him in their changing room, holding hands and sharing a conversation he never thought will happen outside of his naive dreams and fantasy. The pair of loving eyes, which we're looking at him the whole time, the caring touch with which he tried to calm the nervous boy down, and even the genuine curiosity about the boy's interest... All of that lightened a weak spark of hope in the boy's heart, but it died down just as fast as it started.

"He probably holds hands like this with hundreds of other fans. Why would he remember me, right? Don't be pathetic Jaehyun. Of course, he doesn't remember you." With a head packed with feelings about everything and doodling non-existential things in the corner of his textbook, he survived until the very end of the lecture. Robotically packing his things back to the backpack, he said goodbye to his classmates, who were already heading out to use every possible free hour he had left from this day.

Jaehyun on the other hand wanted to head back home and spend the rest of the day alone, with his thoughts and maybe some light-hearted movie, which would raise his spirits - that's why he rushed out of the classroom while putting his earphones in to avoid busy university corridors. When he was taking a sharp turn at the end of the hallway a little business card fell out of his jeans pocket. Luckily his sharp eyes noticed it and forced him to abruptly stop, almost slipping on the polished floor.

It was the pastel pink card with the logo of SM Entertainment, which he received from the group's manager yesterday. On his way back home from the stadium, he was thinking about the existence of the card in his pocket so much, that at the end of the day he totally forgot about it. Only now, he turned the card to the other side and read the contact information written on it. This was a chance to achieve a dream, he has had for such a long time, and yet he could act like his normal self and just throw the card away, believing that he will never be enough to actually pass the audition nor impress the judges in any way possible.

Or for once he could walk out of his comfort bubble and give it a try.

Participation is also an important thing, isn't it?