15.

"So you're telling me you auditioned just to eat tons of food and wear designer clothes?"

The younger boy nodded enthusiastically and began to rock his feet in the air while he was sitting in a high chair. There was a big smile on his face, which Jaehyun found more than adorable. Now his hair no longer resembled an orange, but it was almost ice-blond. With this tempo, he will probably be on Taeyong's level sooner than the older expected he will.

But if he was, to be honest, he liked his hair now way more than before as he wasn't really big fan of wild colors on his head. He was maybe too boring in this, but he didn't want to be bald by thirty.

Right now he was sitting in the free practice room, visiting Chenle after his everyday schedule finally ended. With Jaehyun having his days way more free before their comeback, he was able to spend some time with his small best friend and finally get from him the reason why he auditioned for the same company and started a trainee life here.

But after he heard his explanation, he had to facepalm so hard, knowing how rich Chenle actually was with his parents' salaries. He could actually buy a whole family house and wouldn't be broke after that so food and designer clothes couldn't a big deal for him.

"Chenle you are probably richer than the whole company, you can buy designer clothes every single day, why did you do this?" Jaehyun shouted at him. He wasn't jealous or angry that he auditioned for the same company, he was actually quite happy he had him so close once again, but he was more than worried about him.

"I know, but I just wanted to try this. Not talking about you totally ignoring me and your family for months! I thought you were dead mate." Chenle shook his head in defense. He was right about this one, but it wasn't like Jaehyun didn't want to call them. He wanted to call them every single day, but he couldn't and he knew it probably hurt them too.

"For God's sake... Are you a complete idiot? Has anyone ever told you that?" Jaehyun slapped his forehead still scolding the Chinese boy, who was like a younger brother for him. He didn't want to see Chenle go through such rough training and being in such a competitive environment.

"Yeah. You told me that several times... But look. I am good at this and it is fun!"

Jaehyun didn't know which part he found entertaining so far. Being a trainee was the worst thing he could experience and he was trainee just for a few weeks. He couldn't imagine how is it like to be a trainee for more than a year.

"Chenle. This is not funny... What if -..."

The boy put a hand on older's shoulder and rolled his eyes over Jaehyun's overprotectiveness.

"I know. I know. What if I get hurt, get sick, end up in the hospital... blah, blah, blah. I'm almost an adult Jaehyun, I can do my own decisions. You should be worried about yourself, not me. You don't look healthiest now."

Chenle looked at him questioningly. They've known each other since they both wore pantyhose pulled up to their throats and with their asses like Kardashians. Except that they were not stuffed with botox but full diapers. Chenle could tell at any time, anywhere, that there was something wrong with Jaehyun, and even though they were annoying each other all the time, they were always caring about the other.

"I'm fine."

Jaehyun answered him immediately, trying to sound confident with his own words, even though he wasn't. He still wasn't fully recovered from his flue, he was just under the influence of painkiller, able to work at least a little bit. He wasn't ready for the comeback with this condition, not even a bit.