6.

A trainee under SM entertainment:

- can not have a social media account unless the company's management allows it - if the trainee owns ones, they have to be deleted immediately after signing the contract

- can not meet any people outside the company without the manager's knowledge and approval

- can not give out any insider information about the company's plans, private information about artists and other trainees, or training methods to the public

- can not visit night clubs, bars, or any public places, where drugs and alcohol can be found

- can not be in a relationship for the period of his/her training and three following years after the debut

- can not get involved with people who have criminal records

- must attend all set schedules, unless there is a severe medical reason for the absence

- must respect all choices of the company's management

- must respect all trainers/coaches, staff members, and debuted artists within the company

- must live in the company's dorms

- must give the company all medical record, weight, and height every month

Signing this contract, the person will become a trainee under SM entertainment for a period of three years. He/she will have to follow all of the contract rules without any exceptions - if one violates the set terms, the company is able to take legal actions or terminate the contract immediately.

The contract had at least fifteen pages full of words Jaehyun didn't understand - he only briefly remembered some of them from the times they were discussing law in the senior year of high school, but that very limited knowledge, which was already heavily cut down because of his forgetful personality, didn't make him any wiser after the several tries of reading the whole thing. If he would be studying law instead of music production, or at least had a friend or family member in the field, maybe he would know what he was getting himself into, but relying only on his own intelligence was making the contract seem like a bunch of useless papers with a few important rules written in it.

But the things he understood from reading it, were already strict enough to leave a hesitant impression on him. If he really decided to scribble his signature down onto the empty field of the last paper, he would suddenly lose the freedom of doing things, which were filling up his free time for years by now - no going out with friends on Friday night after classes, no gossiping around, no hours spent on his social media accounts whenever the boredom took over his mind...

Not talking about his fan page. 

He couldn't even imagine the reaction of the staff members if they found out that someone who got accepted into SM owns a huge fan page about one of their artists, to begin with, and despite the fact that it may come off as immature from him, Jaehyun didn't want to throw the months of regular updating and youthful love he poured into the account, away overnight just because he signed himself for all of this. He realized that thinking like that was wrong and he should have his priorities set straight, but he couldn't help it no matter how hard he was trying to make one clear decision. That's how his mind eventually came to a compromise after several minutes of questioning himself, which seemed to be a satisfying one for both sides fighting inside of his mind.

"Well... Maybe if I will continue secretly, nothing will happen. Nobody has to know right?" 

With these falsely comforting words being said by himself, Jaehyun grabbed the pen, which was neatly laid out in front of him on the table, and hastily wrote down the elegant signature to the end of the page, proudly smiling at it after he took one more glance at how marvelous it looked. In his head, a vision of glory was already being born - he saw himself standing on his debut stage, having the first concert, and entertaining thousands of people who would cherish every inch of him. These heart-warming images playing over and over in his head were a big part of the reason, he didn't let his common sense voice its opinion on this, which was probably one of the biggest mistakes he could make.