44 - Unknown Message

Start from the beginning

"Please understand me Jaan. It's not like I want to leave you or be away from you. I have to handle a very important project there also I have to attend some conferences with our partners and shareholders. If you were with me then how can I concentrate on my work? That's why I am leaving you here itself"

He said showing his fake innocent face, but I fall for his act.

"Okay. Return safe" I stood up.

He pulled me into a tight hug and kissed my crown.

"Take care Jaan"

His voice and eyes scream just one thing.

Love.

Just pure love.

I hugged him more tightly to tell him indirectly that I will miss him like hell.

"Take care, Adi. Call me once you reach there and don't forget to take medicines and also sleep at night. Work as much as you want in day time. Also, send Rahul bhai home" he knows that I know about bhai's past.

He smiled at me and bid me bye.

Once he reached there he called me to inform his safe landing. Then that idiot didn't even call me at least once. I have been waiting for his call daily or should I say every minute?

But he is just busy with his stupid business. If I call him he won't attend the call. So I stopped calling him.

"Janvi" I heard bhai's voice. I stood up from the bed and open the door.

"Bhai you are here?" I asked him happily. "Yes, Janvi. How are you?"

"Leave me bhai, but you don't seem to be fine. Why are you not taking care of your health? I told you naa. But why are you the great Rahul who don't hear anything from others"

I grabbed his hand and dragged him down to the kitchen and started to prepare some rice with dal.

Once I prepared I served him. He started to have it like he is craving it for so many years.

I put some more rice on his plate. Once he finished his food he licked his fingers and drank the water.

"Where is mom?"

"Now only you remember mom?"

"It's not like that. Tell me where is she?"

"She went to the temple with dad"

"Ohh okay"

"Bhai do you need anything?" I asked sensing something different in him.

"No Janvi. And the food is awesome. It's the first time I am having food made by you and it's been months since I had homemade food" he said smiling. He looks handsome when he smiles.

"Bhai you should smile often"

"One can never smile when he has no reason to smile" His voice is full of pain but he hides it with his smile.

"No pain in the world is permanent, your pain will be healed soon," I said placing my hand on his shoulder.

I look at my face with a blank expression.

"Adi is lucky to have someone like you near him"

I kept silent looking down. I don't know how to answer this.

"You will get someone for you soon bhai"

"I am happy the way I am Janvi. I don't need anyone. Everyone in this world is fake" he said gritting his teeth.