46: Unexpected Scare

It's lunch break and a team of freshmen boys is playing a soccer match against a senior year team. I'm sitting on the bleachers finishing my cookie that I brought from home when a sudden cry, "Stop!" reaches my ears.

I look at the field to find all the boys running to the center of the field. It's nice weather today so the entire high school student body is outdoors for lunch break. Everyone watches intently as Liam breaks away from the circle of players and beckons to me.

I walk to the metal link gate and step onto the field.

"It's Ben." Liam says, out of breathe.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I just tackled him but I think he's dislocated a bone." I didn't realize that Seb had joined us.

My heart sinks at this as I hurry to the huddle and the boys part to let me through. Ben is on the ground, rolled to one side with a leg sticking out and his face buried in his arm.

I immediately kneel down next to him as Liam crouches down on the other side and I place a trembling hand on his shoulder, "Ben?"

For a second he's still under my stand but then he rolls over and gets up on his knees, taking my hands in his as my mouth falls open and I stare at him in shock.

"Hazel, will you go to prom with me?"

Unable to process anything, I let me head fall onto his shoulder as the high school crowd watching us erupts into cheers and whoops and the boys standing around us join in. When I finally lift my head off his shoulder, he rubs a thumb across my cheek to catch the tears that leaked out when I touched his shoulder.

"Please don't cry." He says, kissing my cheek.

I playfully push his shoulder, "You scared me so bad!" Then I proceed to wipe away my tears as I stand up and brush grass off my uniform skirt.

"So will you go to prom as my date?" He asks and I remember that this was all a promposal.

I sigh and nod, "Yes."

"She said yes!" I hear Liam scream and the other boys echo his shout as I cringe against the noise.

"Guys smile!" I hear Angelina scream from behind me and I turn around to look at her just as she takes the picture.

I let go of Ben's arm and walk over to her to look at the picture. My cheeks are flushed but there's a smile on my face as I hold on to Ben's arm and he looks around me at Angelina's phone.

"This is adorable." Angelina gushes as she sends me the picture.

Soon lunch break ends and everyone heads inside but the student body is still buzzing from Ben's theatrics and Angelina showed me several Instagram stories of the promposal, tagged '#Hazen.' I can't help but laugh at the ship name.

"Did you hear of Hazen?" Ben asks, sitting down between Ash and me in Chemistry.

I nod, "Saw it with my own eyes on Instagram."

"This is exactly the kind of buzz I had in mind!" He claps his hands to emphasis his glee at the whole promposal thing and I just smile and shake my head at him.

When Chemistry ends, the three of us head out together and meet Liam and Angelina just outside the academic block. We have plans to have lunch together so we've decided to carpool. Liam already called his driver and told him not to pick him up. I've informed Sebastian too and Ash rode with Angelina to school in the morning.

We start towards the parking when suddenly Angelina stops walking and I almost bump into her. I step around her to see what caused her to stop. Her car is filled with balloons and on the windshield, in duct tape it says 'Will you go to prom with me?'

"So?" Ash looks at Angelia, "Will you go to prom with me?"

"Oh my gosh, Ash." Angelina whispers and covers my mouth with her hands. I'm smiling as she finally takes a deep breath and nods, "Yes."

The boys erupt into cheers and claps and the students in the parking join in while I sneakily take a picture as Ash pulls Angelina into a kiss.

"One more thing." Ash says.

"Yes?" Angelina asks.

"We've been on three dates now and..." Before he can finish his sentence Liam and Ben begin whooping again, making me laugh.

"Shut up you two." I finally say and mock glare at both of them.

Ash shakes his head, smiling before turning back to Angelina, "Is it okay if I call you my official girlfriend?"

"It's perfect." Angelina beams.

We decide to give the new couple some space so while the two of them take Angelina's car, Liam, Ben and I take Ben's. Ben drives, Liam sits upfront and I sit in the middle of the backseat as we hear Liam complain about being the only one single as we drive to Applebee's.

"We'll find you a date." Ben tells him.

"How?" Liam demands to know.

"Will you stop wailing like a baby?" I groan.

"I want a date!" He complains and I finally unable to stop myself I burst into laughter followed by Ben and I can just see Liam's side profile but he's smiling too.

Ash and Angelina have already picked a table by the time we join them at the restaurant. Once we've placed our orders, Liam announces that he needs to use the washroom. We watch him walk across the restaurant when suddenly a girl holding a glass of Coke turns around and bumps into him headfirst, splashing the Coke all over the front of Liam's uniform.

We already caught Ash and Angelina up on Liam's car antics so all of our mouths hang open as we watch the girl apologize repeatedly while Liam reassures her that it's okay. She even fetches him tissues. I know we're all thinking the same thing.

Will this Coke spill have a fairytale ending?

In the real world today is Bunny's birthday (25 October)!! Happy birthday Hazel Aaron :) Thank you for making me fall in love with you so much that I had to write a sequel solely dedicated solely to you.

I enjoyed writing this chapter so much. I hope you guys liked it too :)

Also since this story is drawing to an end soon, I want to take this opportunity to thank MichelleMoon0

for being the most amazing reader that I could've ever asked for. You're nearly always the first person to read a new chapter and I love love love your comments so much! Thank you! :))

-T