24: Blizzard

REALLY excited about this chapter! -T

Ben and I hurry into the motel to get out of the snowstorm just as the lights around us flicker and then go out.

~1 hour earlier~

"Kids there's a storm coming, are you sure you don't want to stay at the resort?" Our Uber driver asks.

"We'll be fine. We're going to stay downtown for a couple of hours." Liam answers for everyone before I can say anything.

We leave the resort and begin the thirty minute drive that will take us to downtown Aspen. The lady driving has a seven seater car, so Ben is sitting up front, Liam and I are on the middle seat and Ash and Angelina on the back seat.

We get dropped off at the address from Henry's message and realization hits me.

"Guys, it's not a house party, it's a club! There's no way any of us will be let in." I exclaim and throw up my hands. I'm not even dressed for a club. I'm wearing the exact same outfit that I wore yesterday only that they're new pieces of clothing.

"Haven't you seen any movies, Hazel? There are ways of getting into a club without an ID too." Liam winks at me and I shudder at whatever idea he has in mind.

"Whatever you are going to try and do, count me out." Ben holds up his hands.

"Me too." I say.

So Ben and I stand some distance away from the club que and watch the other three confidently walk up to the bouncer and say something to him. He looks at them for a second and then steps aside to let them in. My jaw hits the floor and when I look at Ben his eyes are wide open in shock too.

"Unbelievable." He says.

After a moment I ask, "What should we do?"

"What do you want to do?" He asks.

"I really want to go back to the resort. I think the Uber driver was right there is a storm coming. The wind is already too strong." I say.

"I'll find us an Uber." Ben says and we fall silent as he pulls out his phone.

This is the longest conversation we've had in days and while I may still be angry with him, it also makes me miss him that much more.

"Can you check if you have phone signals?" Ben asks me.

I take out my phone from my pocket and try connecting to the internet but it doesn't work. My phone also says 'no signals.'

I shake my head, "I don't have any signals either."

"The wind must have messed up the wires." Ben groans as we look around. It has started to snow by now and the few people on the streets despite it being Saturday is enough proof that there is in fact a storm coming.

"We won't be let into the club without Liam's charms so we need to find shelter before it builds into a storm." Ben says and I nod.

We start walking down the road and we've barely walked for a few minute before the storm hits us with full force.

"Ben look!" I say as I spot a motel across the road.

The snow is falling so thickly and it's so windy that if it hadn't been for the motel's neon lights, I would have never spotted it through the storm. I take Ben's arm as we cross road, fearing that we would get separated otherwise.

Ben and I hurry into the motel to get out of the snowstorm just as the lights around us flicker and then go out.

"Great!" Ben groans as he turns on his phone's torch but not a second later they come back on.