Chapter 54 - Babies

Start from the beginning

"No?" I giggle. "Is that the only word you know? You're like your daddy." I comment as I look toward Chet with a smirk.

Chet laughs as he looks at me through the rear review mirror sitting in driver seat. "I can hear you Amity Raven."

"Dadda!" Lane yells.

"Yes, buddy?" He turns around looking at Lane and I.

"Bye Bye." Lane waves and begins to talk a bunch of babble.

Laughing, I kiss his head and slide out from the back seat, making my way to the front.

***

On the way to the hospital we made a quick stop at a gift shop where I bought a pink bear for the baby, as well as a bunch of flowers for Sasha.

After arriving at the hospital and parking the car, the three of us enter the front doors and head towards the elevator. Once inside, I press the button to take us to the maternity ward.

Once we arrive on Sasha's floor, we exit the elevator and make our way down the long hallway to her room. That's where we find Ryan out the front of the room on the phone, wrapping up a conversation.

"Hey Daddy!" I grin as I give him a hug.

"Jeez Amity, you can't just come here calling me daddy in front of your husband, he'll find out about our secret affair."

"Oh, stop." I laugh and pull back from the hug. "How are they both?"

"Good." He nods. "You can go in if you like."

Without hesitation, I push the door open and make my way into the room. As I enter I find Sasha sitting up in the bed with the most perfect little baby in her arms. "Oh my gosh," I whisper as I make my way over. "Look at her." I sit the flowers down on the table as well as the bear. "Oh Sash, she's perfect." I smile down at her.

"She's pretty cute, isn't she?" Sasha agrees with a smile.

"Looks like she has your beautiful skin and hair." I pat her tiny head gently with my index finger.

"She does have a lot of me in her, Ryan's nose though for sure, cute as a button." She adds.

"What did you name her?"

"Shayla, Shay for short." She smiles.

"It suites her."

The door opens once more and the boys enter the room, as they do Chet makes his way over to meet the new arrival. "She's beautiful." He smiles and leans down kissing Sasha's forehead. "Congratulations."

"Thanks." She smiles up at him.

"Did well, didn't I?" Ryan smirks while holding Lane. "Perfect like her father."

"Oh here we go, men always taking the credit for doing nothing other than getting their dicks wet." I laugh.

"Dick." Lane repeats.

"Oh shoot." my hand flies over my mouth, "I keep forgetting I have to be so careful around him now."

Everyone laughs, including Lane, who has no idea why he's laughing, but he does, anyway.

***

The rest of the month flew by quickly and when I wasn't doing things around the house, or hanging out with Lane, you'd find me at Sasha's helping her and Ryan with Shay. Shay hasn't been as good a sleeper as Lane was, and it's got me thinking how lucky we were with him. I hope our daughter will follow in her brothers' footsteps.