Chapter 46 - It was him

It's been a week since I met Summer, and I'm proud to say I've been able to make a real break through. It wasn't easy, for the first couple of days, like the day I met her she didn't talk unless spoken to, she kept her head down most of the time and she didn't like to leave the room. But by the end of the week, she really came out of her shell. Just being able to ate when she liked and showering when she liked was enough to help her feel more like her old self, and last night she even sat down and had dinner with Sasha, Ryan, Chet and I. The first contact she's had with men since being taken.

It took a little convincing, but today Summer and I are headed to the police station to make a formal statement with officer Bradley. Summer is the last girl for him to speak with (the other girls having been released into his care a few days ago), and just like she was to us, she's his hope of making any arrests and putting these sick men behind bars for good.

"Sorry about that, I was held up out the front for a moment." Officer Bradley announces as he makes his way into the interviewing room with a large folder and sits down across from Summer and I.

Once seated, he pulls his notepad from his pocket along with a pen. In a normal situation he'd use a recording device, but as he is aware what Chet does isn't always legal, he doesn't want anything on the record that may incriminate him.

"Okay Summer, thank you for meeting with me today, I'm sure Amity has already told you, you helping us could put these guys away and keep this from happening to any other young girls like yourself again, we really appreciate you being brave enough to speak."

"It's okay." She says softly.

"I have some photos for you to look through, these are all the heavily tattooed men we have in our system, I'm hopeful at least one of them may match up." He says as he spins his computer screen towards us, the first image showing on the screen.

"No." Summer shakes her head.

Slowly Officer Bradley clicks from page to page, showing Summer images of men already in the system, but he gets the same answer every time, no.

Turning away from the screen and me, Summer whispers. "He looks like your husband."

"Chet?" I reply softly, "The man who took you looks like Chet?"

She nods her head slowly. "It's not him, but it looks like him. He is young, with the same kind of hair, and he has the same tattoo on the side of his neck."

"The man that took you has a Raven tattoo on the side of his neck?" I ask as I suck in a deep breath, my stomach turning.

She nods her head once more.

Quickly, I slide my hand into the pocket of my jeans and pull out my phone. I unlock it, and click into my photos. Slowly I scroll toward the top of my photos until I find the one I'm looking for, I then turn it to Summer, showing her the photo. "Is this the man that took you?"

Her eyes fill with tears at the sight of him, and she nods her head. "That's him." she all but whispers.

With my stomach in knots. I place my phone down on the desk and slide it across to Officer Bradly. "Excuse me a moment." I whisper as I stand to my feet and exit via the door hurriedly.

I can feel my head spinning, How, how could he do this? How could be he capable of such horrible things? I thought I knew him, we all thought we knew him. But it all makes sense now, every single thing that has happened to Chet along the way has been because of him, he's been behind all of it. And me. The night in the club.

Just the thought of having his disgusting lips on mine is enough to send me over the edge and I race towards the rubbish bin which is located in the corner of the waiting room. I push the lid open with my foot on the foot pedal and lean over, vomiting into it.