Chapter 47 - Boss Mamma

Chet's POV:

I know I shouldn't have shouted at Amity the way I did, or put emphasis on the fact that the baby she is carrying is MY son, because he's not only my son, he is her son. Deep down I know she's only trying to help, I know she wouldn't do anything to put our baby in danger. She just makes me so mad sometimes whenever I tell her not to do something, it's as if it only makes her more determined to do it, I say no, she says yes, she drives me insane, but I love her so damn much.

Now that I've had time to think about it, I suppose it was only a phone call, there was no harm in it, it's not like he could grab her through the phone, I should have stayed and listened to the plan, I should have listened to what Ryan had come up and not been so quick to storm off, because after all if it wasn't for Amity being strong willed, always doing what I tell her not to do nature we would have never found out it was Markus behind all of this in the first place.

Arriving home, I make my way through the front door and head into the kitchen. I should really call Ryan and find out if anything worked, and I should start cooking Amity some dinner. Maybe it'll redeem me from a night in the spare room.

Buzzz Buzzz Buzz. My phone vibrates against the black marble kitchen counter. Picking it up, my eyes widen at the name on the screen.

"Markus, I've been trying to call you man, how's things?" I question, acting as if I know nothing.

"Chet my man, Yeah sorry it's been a while, I've been busy with that family stuff. How have you been?"

"Yeah good, I was getting worried when I couldn't contact you, we could have really used your help the last week or so."

"Still on that sex trafficking ring?"

"Yeah man, we think Boston crew might have something to do with it." I lie.

"Probably they're capable of anything." He pauses for a moment. "So how is Amity and the pregnancy?" He changes the subject.

"She's good, she's about a month and a half off having the little man."

"So you guys are still happy then? Still together?" He questions

"Uh yes, sorry to disappoint you man, we're getting married." I chuckle.

"I'll never understand what she sees in your annoying ass, but as long as you're happy." He laughs. "Anyway man, do you think you can meet me tonight, there are some things I need to talk to you about."

"Yeah man for sure, is everything okay?"

"All good man, I'm in East Cliff, see you in an hour I'll send you the address." He says before hanging up.

After waiting for the address, I scroll through my contacts and click on Amity's name, but before it has a chance to call, my phone dies. Sighing, I grab the charger and plug it in at the wall, then take a pen and paper from the draw, writing a note for Amity.

With my note written, I grab my wallet and keys and head for the door.

Amity's POV:

As I race out the front door of Sasha and Ryan's place, I jump in my car and pull my phone out once more, dialing Chet's number. 'Hey you've called Chet, sorry I'm busy, call me back or send me a text, if I like you, I'll consider calling you back, but I wouldn't hold your breath.' his voice message speaks before even ringing. I know he's mad at me, but surely he isn't screening my calls.

The truth is, I never intended on going to the house to meet with Markus without telling Chet about it first. I know I've taken a lot of risks during our relationship, but I would never risk going somewhere this big without him knowing where I'm going and what the plan is.