Chapter 28 - Back at it

Amity's POV:

This morning I woke to the sound of my alarm beeping loudly next to me. As I rolled over and checked the time I realized I was lucky to have had around two hours sleep, but even feeling completely exhausted, there was no way I was sitting at home feeling sorry for myself today, there was no way I was sitting at home on my own, allowing my mind to be filled with Chet and everything that happened yesterday. I need to get back to normal as quickly as possible, and normal is working at the shop, that's exactly what I did.

"Good morning." I call to Austin in the most chipper tone I can manage, making my way into the shop.

"Amity, what are you doing back already? I wasn't expecting you back until tomorrow." He replies quickly as he places his tools down and makes his way toward me, wrapping his arms around me in a hug when he reaches me.

"Things didn't go to plan. I arrived back at 4 AM this morning." I tell him as I return his embrace. "How's my baby girl?" I question in an attempt to change the subject as I pull back from the hug.

"She's good, she missed you, she's been asking about you and Chetty for the last two weeks." He rolls his eyes with a grin, but his grin quickly fades and he knits his brows together in confusion. "Wait, 4 AM? You should be at home in bed."

"I'd rather be here." I shrug and turn on my heel, making my way towards the desk to check the appointment book. "Do we have much booked in?"

"No, I only have the one car in today, I didn't think you'd be back today, so I didn't book in more than I can do on my own. Honestly Am, I'm fine here today, why don't you go back home and go to bed?"

"I'm not tired, Aus, I'm honestly fine," I assure him, hiding a yawn.

"Why don't you spend your day with Chet then?"

"Chet and I have spent every day for the last three weeks together and we won't be seeing each other again." I cross my arms over my chest.

"Oh." He mumbles and picks his tools up once more making his way back toward the car he has been working on. "I uh, I take it the holiday didn't go well."

"No, the holiday was perfect, we had a wonderful time. I got to see a different side of him, a sweet side." I sigh.

"So, what's the issue?"

"Me, I'm the issue," I sigh softly "I fucked up, I fucked everything up and I can assure you we won't be seeing each other again." I inform him as I unlock the wheels on my toolbox and push it over to the car. "What's wrong with the car?" I ask, attempting to change the subject.

"Blown head gasket" He replies.

"Expensive job."

"Yep."

Chet's POV:

To say I've had better nights sleeps would be an understatement, as much as I wanted to I just couldn't seem to turn my mind off last night, no amount of tossing and turning or changing positions helped me drift off, so halfway through the night I found myself on the couch in front of the T.V, trying anything to turn off my head. Somewhere between watching some crappy movie re-run and the time I opened my eyes again, I realized I had finally sleept, even though it was only for a couple of hours.

Dressed and ready to take the new day head on, I headed for the new warehouse which Ryan has been in charge of for the last three weeks, over seeing the re-build and making sure everything ran smoothly while I was away.

Arriving, I park my car in the parking lot just to the side of the doors and step out locking the car behind me then head inside, using a pin code. As I make my way inside I take a quick look around. I have to admit, Ryan has done a good job with the place, everything is set up and looking better than ever before.