Chapter 12 - Clubs and kisses

Amity's POV:

After the first official day of sickness I spent another three days much the same, during those three days Chet didn't leave my side, he stayed by my side all day and all night, making sure he was there if I needed anything at all. As the third day rolled into the forth he finally put his foot down and called a Doctor who came to house to see me, and luckily he did because I needed to be on stronger medication for the bug to pass.

Thankfully, I've made it through a full week of work, and a full week without sickness, because not only is today Saturday, it's also Austin's birthday so we're taking him to a club just out of town to have a few drinks, dance and celebrate. Usually we'd go to the local bar, but I'm on the list of people not allowed in, so that wasn't an option.

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I run my hand over the blue velvet fabric of my dress and take a deep breath. I've never been one to put on a dress and heels, I've always been more of a pants kind of girl, but with Sasha insisting I borrow one of her dresses for the night, I thought I'd try it.

The dress I'm wearing tonight is definitely out of my comfort zone, but I don't hate it. It's cut low in the front, tight around my waist and rather short, although one side is longer than the other, coming down the side of my leg in a point, it's rather eye-catching if not only for the style but for the color, electric blue, matching my eyes.

Pulling my long, dark curls over my shoulders, I take one last look at my makeup, another thing I put effort into tonight, flawless foundation, black smoky eyeshadow, making my eyes pop, and some simple gloss on my lips to tie it all together. It's the most amount of makeup I've worn in a very long time, but it feels nice.

"Amity, are you ready yet?" Chet calls down the hall from the living room, the fourth time he's called out to me now.

"No, stop asking me" I yell back as I head towards the edge of the bed and sit down, sliding my heels on quickly and checking I have everything I need in my clutch before standing to my feet once more and head towards the door.

"Damn it, woman, would you hurry the hell up." Chet yells once more and I hear everyone else in the room laugh loudly.

Aww, you're like a married couple already." Sasha teases.

I make my way down the hall quickly, my heels click against the wooden floorboards as I do. "Keep your panties on Chet, I'm ready." I smile as I enter the room.

Turning towards me, Chet takes me in for a moment, looking me up and down slowly, and pulls his bottom lip between his teeth, not another word leaving his mouth.

"Look how good you look!" Sasha squeals as she stands to her feet. "You look better in that dress than me." She complements.

"Coming from you, look at you." I smile as I admire Sasha's one shoulder, bodycon style dress in purple and her matching purple heels. Her long dark hair is out and over her shoulders much the same as mine, only perfectly straight and silky smooth. No matter what this girl wears, she's always stunning.

"And don't even get me started on you." I turn to Brigette, who has also put a lot of effort into her appearance tonight. She's dressed in a V neck little black dress that pulls in tight at the waist before puffing into a short solid black skirt. The top part of the dress with a nude colored underlining showcasing the black pattern embellished across the chest. "Austin will be a mess when he lays eyes on you."

"You think?" She smiles, "That's what I was going for."

Screwing his face up, Chet stands to his feet once more. "Can we leave now?"