Chapter 53 - Surprises come in fours.

Start from the beginning

"We've been afraid to tell anyone," she admits. "I don't want to put a downer on your day, so we can talk about this later, but this isn't the first pregnancy we've had."

"Oh Sash." I take her hand in mine. "I'm sorry."

"It happens. Sometimes it's just not meant to be."

"You know you could have told me, I would have supported you any way I could." I assure my best friend, feeling horrible.

"I know, but it's something so personal that Ryan and I just went through the emotions together and we've come out even stronger."

"He's a good guy." I smile, "And everything is going to be just fine this time, I can feel it."

"I think so too." Sasha smiles with a curt nod, "I think we're finally ready to tell people."

"So, daughters at the same time, huh?" Chet speaks as he makes his way over with Ryan.

"Looks like we're going to have our hands full." Ryan laughs. "We've still got those extra guns, right?" He winks at Chet.

"Ryan, stop." Sasha giggles.

"What? I don't want any men coming near my daughter."

"That makes two of us." Chet agrees with a smirk as he places his hand on the small of my back.

"You're impossible." I laugh as I shake my head at him.

"Trust me, Sweetheart, we know men." Chet warns, narrowing his eyes.

"Oh yeah, why are you and Ryan okay then?" I fold my arms over my chest.

"Just okay?" Chet raises a brow.

"I mean, I guess." I giggle up at him.

Pulling me closer to him, he presses a kiss to my lips and I wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him back with a smile.

"We'll leave you guys to it." Ryan grins and takes Sasha's hand, leading her back into the party.

After a few more soft kisses, Chet pulls back, resting his forehead on mine. "What did Benz want?"

"To tell me he loves me." I sigh, looking up at him, my arms still wrapped around his neck. "And I told him I love him too, but not the way I love you."

"So much for him not causing any more trouble." He rolls his eyes.

"I don't think he was trying to cause trouble. I think he just really felt he needed to tell me, and once again I told him he was wrong." I tell him truthfully. "Now stop worrying about Benz." I lean in and press another small kiss to his lips.

"We should get back in there, everyone will wonder where we've gotten to."

"Lead the way, husband." I drop my arms from his neck and place my hand in his.

***

We spend the rest of our night with our family and friends, everyone dancing and having a wonderful time together. If there is one thing I know for sure I'll really miss my family when they leave for home once again, I love having all of us together, maybe everyone should move to springs.

As I look around the room, I notice Avery sitting on her own from the corner of my eye and I look up at Chet, who I'm currently dancing with. "I'll be right back." I kiss his lips.

Quickly, I make my way across the room to my sister and sit down next to her. "Not feeling it?" I ask with a smile.

"Oh no, I'm having a fantastic time, and I'm thrilled for you guys, I'm just tired." she lies.