Battle in the Einzbern Forest: Part 1

3rd Person View:

As Caster continues sprinting over to where the explosion happened, the sounds of metal clashing against each other becomes clearer as he closes the distance. He keeps going until he stumbles upon a circular-shaped open field, surrounded by trees. In the middle of it stands Assassin and the enemy Berserker. Assassin seems somewhat battered up, but maintaining a calm composure. The enemy Berserker looks uninjured at first sight.

"Assassin, back-up is here!", exclaimed Caster as he met up with Assassin, who she takes a quick glance before redirecting her attention to the enemy, "Anything you notice on this guy that we can use?"

"No weaknesses detected at the moment. The opponent shows strong physical resilience and intelligence. Teamwork will be necessary to achieve victory", noted Assassin as she pulls out her two katanas from their sheaths.

"No kidding, that guy sure looks tough...", muttered Caster thoughtlessly as he stared at their enemy, "Assassin, I will go and try to attack him with spells from a distance, try to see if you can attack his blind-spots. If not, we will figure something out", planned Caster as he step forward, readying his wooden staff. 

"Understood, I will be waiting on your signal", said Assassin as she vanished in Spirit Form.

The scarred Berserker takes a few steps, closing the gap between him and one of his opponents as he holds his two swords, "My enemy is a Caster and an Assassin? Your Masters are underestimating me gravely",  Berserker said threatenly but with a hint of excitement. 

Caster stood there, looking at the enemy and scanning the area. A frontal assault would be dangerous, more so now that he's a Caster. Assassin would be taking the brunt of the battle, which meant he has to support her however he can, even if he has to go toe-to-toe against him.

Berserker stopped on his tracks and stood there, waiting for them to take the first move. And so, Caster spun his staff and pointed it at Berserker, a ball of flame came out to meet his target. However, the dual-wielder slashed it before it struck him. 

The blue-haired man chuckled, "Obvious attacks are not gonna cut it, I see".

The beast-like Berserker sprung into action as he sprinted, covering the distance in roughly four seconds between him and Caster, swinging his right sword downward, aiming at the enemy's head. Caster raised his staff, blocking the attack that created a small crater on the ground, thanks to Berserker's mighty strength that surpasses the Irish warrior.

Caster spins around as he manages to get behind the sword-user and strikes him, aiming at his ribs, which earned a slight grunt from him. But, Berserker swiftly does a roundhouse kick, hitting Caster and sending him flying a few feet away but manages to get on his feet, although grunting due to the pain.

He spins his staff and hits the ground with it, erupting a trail of flames that almost engulfs Berserker if he didn't jumped away to evade it, "Now, Assassin!", announced Caster.  As he landed, Assassin appeared from behind and was able to slash at his back, evidently injuring as he groans slightly in pain. She somersault out of harm's way as Berserker tried to slash her with his left sword but to no avail. 

She regrouped with Caster as they stood side by side, facing their enemy as he approached slowly, his grin showing excitement, even if he was just injured a few seconds ago.

"Is that's all you got? You gotta do better than that! Show me more!", Berserker demanded as he paced his way to them.

Caster gritted his teeth in slight frustration, "He's tough, I will give him that", he mumbled.

"We just need to hold him off, Assassin. We must buy time for the others to rescue the ladies and bail out", declared to the female ninja as she glanced at Caster and nodded.