The Real Answer/Escalation

As I notice that Shirou Emiya looks away, I assumed that he must be remembering our battle two years ago. I cough to get his attention.

"Anyways, what I want to talk about with you, Shirou, is about your fate, or in other words, your future.", I mentioned with a stern look.

Shirou looks at me, focused on what I have to say.

"I don't think there's anything else to discuss, Archer. I won and that's the end of it. It's clear what I have to do.", stated Shirou with resolve.
"Is it, now? Despite knowing what lies ahead? Even if your fate and the road that leads to it is filled with bretayal, despair and full of hipocrisy?", I questioned doubtfully.

The red hair man stood silent for a few seconds, maybe trying to find the right words to counter me.

" Look, Shirou Emiya. You already seen what I have become because of what I believed in. This ideal of yours will lead in a path of self-destruction. Not only that, this isn't your ideal to begin with.", I explained dreadfully as I crossed my arms.

"I accept that my ideal is fake, but you and I know that there is beauty in it. How can it be a mistake to help others and make them happy? Not all happiness come from one's self but from others. You of all people know that, Archer.", Shirou answered with hope shown in his eyes.

I sigh disappointed," You may be right, but it is still naive and idiotic nevertheless. However... "

He does have a point, even if I hate myself and how I became to be, that ideal does have its moments. Things may go different for him... He may have a chance to go beyond what I could achieved in my lifetime. He has the potential and he's not alone... And besides, I was not wrong...

"Master, what's all this ideals stuff and non-sense? He's starting to annoy me again with all that smart-ass attitude.", grunted Saber, evidently irritated. Shirou looks at Saber while scratching the back of his neck.

"Well Saber, is hard to explain now since is a long story but Archer and I were at each other's throats most of the time because of our perceptions of our ideals was clashing every time we met. But at some point, we kind of settled the matter, or so I thought. ", explained Shirou, despite skipping most of the details.

"But didn't he saved you a couple of times like you told me? Then why save somebody you hate anyways? Is not like he can't shoot you in the head from kilometers away.", said Saber bluntly while Shirou had an arkward expression.

"I was under orders of my former Master to not cause harm and form an alliance with Saber and her Master. I was against such alliance, but my Master was a stubborn girl, maybe a little too stubborn.", I stated while shrugging.

"Yeah, Tohsaka can be a pain sometimes.", Shirou let out a sigh and Saber nods understanding. That sigh and those eyes tell me there's something wrong between them and I'm curious about it.

"Regardless of it, things would had gone accordingly but...", I look away in thought of my slight change ever since.

"You are believing again, Archer. You forgot one important thing about our ideal... The promise we made to Kiritsugu, to take his place and fulfill his dream of being a hero of justice. All you needed was a reminder of that and that no matter what happens, we keep striving for that dream, whatever it takes. ", Shirou reaffirmed with more determination.

I look at him for a few seconds, absorbing those words yet full of hope. Such foolish determination, but somehow it makes me want to have hope again. Maybe...

"That's enough of it, you will soon realize the harsh reality, whether you like it or not, Shirou Emiya.", I glared at him, but it sounded more like reaffirming myself.

Fate/New Lifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें