CHAPTER EIGHT; THE SPACE DOGS

CHAPTER EIGHT; THE SPACE DOGS — Also known as; 'The Spy' Part 2

• • •

You can imagine how awkward it was when Dustin walked in on Steve and I sharing a bed together this morning. I hadn't even realised I'd fallen asleep to be fair.

Only a few words had been mumbled between the three of us as we ran around town collecting what we'd need to execute Dustin's mater-plan to catch Dart the Space Dog. The only noise that had been made in Steve's car was me blowing my nose and Dustin trying his luck contacting the party on his radio.

I banged my head against the headrest as I drummed the tune of 'Another one bites the dust' against my leg. I sighed, "Dustin it's like.." I checked my watch sitting on my wrist and sighed heavier, "Oh my god it's only 9 o'clock." I groaned long and loud, "How is it only 9 o'clock?"

I'd been awake since just after seven this morning, all thanks to Dustin. To say I was tired would be a big understatement.

"What was your point?" Dustin asked from the back seat.

"They're not going to reply to you." Steve told him as I sank further into my black jacket. I yawned as we pulled up at the beginning of the abandoned train line, Steve pulled the handbrake on and shut the engine off, getting out the car and Dustin followed him.

The two left me in the car as I rested my head against the cool window. I didn't want to get out of the car, I didn't want to chuck raw meat down an abandoned train line to catch a murderous creature and I certainty didn't want to spend the day in the cold.

The two of them went to the trunk and pulled everything we needed out and I heard Dustin talking, "Well, well, well. Look who it is."

I heard banging on the car and looked through the mirror to see Steve looking in at me, "Hey, Jen are you getting out or are you gonna sit there all day?"

"I was thinking of sitting here all day." I replied.

Instead of replying the trunk slammed shut and I was left in silence, resting my head against the cold window until it disappeared under me. I screeched in shock as I fell sideways out of the car but instead of tumbling out I hit Steve's chest. He leaned over and undid my seatbelt, pushing me back up to sit in the chair.

He crouched down next to me and I glared at him, "No need to give me a heart attack."

He sighed, "Are you coming or what? I'd hate to leave you locked in my car all day."

I rested my head against the headrest. I didn't want to do anything if I was being honest. I didn't want to drop raw meat down an abandoned train line. I didn't want to trap and kill a Demodog. I didn't want spend all day outside again. I just wanted to be at home, curled up in my bed where I could cry over my mom and dads divorce.